About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom Marchers 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1654547 views.
Gersheps

Mar-4

Hi, Debbie,

Thanks very much for your congrats.  I only learned about your post when ModMarge emailed me about it.  I'm still getting notifications only sporadically.

It's been quite a journey, but I never would have made it if it hadn't been for the forum.  Without my quit buddies this would have been just another failed quit attempt.  But Marge, Carol, Laura, and Sue all helped keep me on track to succeed. And I thank you for your support; reading your posts definitely helped me stay with it.  The Silk Quit meter advises that since I quit, I haven't smoked over 77,000 ciggies.  That's mind-boggling, especially when you think of how easily this addiction grabs you and hangs onto you.

I hope that in some ways I have helped others to kick this lousy addiction.  It's not easy, and it certainly isn't fun, but quitting sure beats the potential alternatives.  Thanks again for your recognition.

Steve

Msg 31.16430 and the next 1 deleted
ModSue (VentasSue)

Mar-16

Hey Marge,

Congratulations, my friend.  I think that you deserve more than just one pair of wings - so here's five, a pair for each year smoke-free.  

I can't even begin to thank you for the support you've given me and many others on this forum.  You truly are an inspiration to us all.

With my sincerest gratitude

Sue

AnnieXS

Mar-16

Hi Marge:

CONGRATULATIONS ON 5 YEARS!  You have earned your wings. :) 

I'm getting a little emotional as I type this.  So many ups and downs along the way, major life events that have been dealt with, minus the nicotine, over these years.  

Thank you so much for being a beacon of hope for so many here.  I sincerely believe I would not have made it had it not been for your daily links to articles that gave me the motivation to stay the course.  

This day seemed almost impossible to think of in the beginning, but here you are.  I'm eternally grateful that I was able to take this journey with you.

AnnieXS

Quit May 8, 2015

SueP (josep2001)

Mar-16

Hi Marge,

Congratulations on 5 years of smoking freedom - you have always been an inspiration to me and were always there to offer helping words. Celebrate your day.

Sue quit 3/17/2016

Gersheps

Mar-16

Hi, Marge,

Major League Congrats on hitting 5 years of Freedom to Not Smoke.  This is a huge milestone, and we know how hard you worked for it.  You have also been a valued Quit Buddy, and you have been an inspiration to others, both as a Mod and as one of the Freedom Marchers of 2015.  So enjoy your 5-year Anniversary and know that so many people are grateful to you for your support and inspiration.

Steve

Hi Sue,

Oh look at all those butterflies.  They are beautiful.  Thank you so.  You were a valued quit buddy to me.  Each time I posted to you it helped me as well.  You are not far behind on the path.  I tell you this milestone feels particularly good.  It was a long awaited dream to have 5 years quit ever since I first came here and someone with 5 yrs in encouraged me.   

Thank you Annie,

What a treat to see my monthly stars in your post.  You have been such a great quit buddy. You  inspired me with the super wise things you had to say in your posts to me and the others in the forum.

I am so grateful that both of us have stayed smoke free.   

Thanks Sue,

I have been celebrating all morning in my mind.  it truely feels wonderful, wonderful.

Looks like someone else has a pretty big milestone coming fast.  This time tomorrow we can celebrate double.