About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fighting February MustQuiteers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/2/18 by slowblumer; 352247 views.
slowblumer

3/2/18

Greetings Fighting February MustQuiteers 2018 Group!

Welcome to your kickoff buddy group thread! This is a place for you to continue to get quit help, information and just hang out and get to know one another.

As we like to say around here, an educated quit is a successful quit - so keep reading and absorb everything you can on this site, the forum and elsewhere around the web. Arm yourself with knowledge and it will help you start the work of changing your relationship with your old smoking habit. Once you do that, you are on your way.

Settle in and get comfortable. This is your home base, but as always, the entire forum is here for you. ;-)

((((( Fighting February MustQuiteers 2018)))))

Hugs to all of you.

In reply toRe: msg 1
sullyrox74

3/3/18

UGH. SO. Angry. I did what I was supposed to do and wrote here instead of going out to smoke and not one person wrote me back because I am guessing because I wasn’t  in the cool group. Only the moderator and one other person ever checked on me over the whole last three weeks I was on here. I tried to put out funny stuff to make some friends and be a part of the group but nobody but Suzy and the moderator ever wrote so this whole thing is it’s bots or rote responses I am thinking.  I am done. Forget it. I will quit myself all on my own. You guys do you. I hope all are happy and healthy. I am not looking for attention I just really could have used a few friends last 24 hours and people just pass my posts by and go on to respond to a more entertaining one I guess. Happy March.  Be smoke free and do not quit. 

lm2015

3/3/18

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear your upset with the forum.  I'm not sure where you posted for help, but if it was in your February thread, sometime the newbies don't know exactly what to say to help.

I'm going to look in the thread you posted and see what could have caused no responses.  

It also depends on the time of day.  I know there are people here off and on during the day and sometimes during our night in USA if they are located in a different country.  

I've never had that happen to me when I first quit.  Sometimes if you are really having a bad time, it's good to do a new post with new subject asking for help.  That draws quicker attention.  

I'm sure no one is ignoring you.  This is a serious decision that we all make and is more difficult for some of us than others.  I know I had a horrible time every day for quite a few months.  

The mods normally check all posts and respond.  Sometimes quickly and other times it takes longer.  But someone is always around.

You are not being ignored.  Keep with us.  The forum does help and I'd hate to see you leave.  It has been a great benefit for me during my quit.

Please respond with all the information you can about when and day this happened and we will look into it.  Venting is the best method of stopping a relapse.

I'm here for you if you need me.  So feel free to post any time.  Also Mod Marge and Mod Sue, please.

Laura

Quit date:  Feb. 18, 2015

slowblumer

3/3/18

Hi there Laura,

I am sorry you feel you are not being supported but I am glad to hear that you did not smoke. 

I did see several posts to you in the last couple of days so why not hang around and give your new February Quit Buddy Group a chance.  Also maybe Check out the many great articles in the library.  In the first several months of our quits we are physically, mentally and emotionally out of sorts to put it mildly.  Please feel free to post in any group.  Usually, someone will reply. 

Ex-Smoker Suggestions for Surviving Nicotine Withdrawal      

Tips to Beat the Mind Games When You Quit Smoking

Suzy2018

3/3/18

Hi Laura,

I'm so sorry I didn't see your post earlier - the time difference is a real problem when we're such a small group - and I hope you'll give it another chance.  You've made me smile loads of times when I've been feeling really grim, and I will miss you if you're not here.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with staying quit.  It's not exactly a walk in the park, that's for sure, but it's the best thing we can possibly do for ourselves.   It sounds as if you put in a lot of effort making things nice for other people, but quitting is something worth being selfish about - do whatever you have to do to just not smoke.

Suzy x 

Cazza2468

3/3/18

Laura

This forum is not super busy so it can be hit and miss.  My quit is December but there isn’t really anyone over there so I come on here for a bit of action. If you post in more threads you will get more responses.  I never have many interactions either but I don’t post a lot either.  Suzy gets heaps cause she posts lots and everywhere.  You can’t really expect to get a reply to every single post.  So just post lots and if half respond, you will have plenty to read.

caz

Cazza2468

3/3/18

Suzy

love the name of the new group.  I actually voted LOL. Not sure I was entitled to cause I am from December   There really isn’t anyone in December that why I have come over here.  

How is that snow going?  Hope it is starting to warm up for you. I am looking forward to Autumn as it is my favourite time of the year.  If it’s a true Autumn it’s just lovely.  Warm breezes that feel like the left overs from summer.  I actually love raking leaves into huge piles ha ha.  When my children were little they loved playing in the piles of leaves

still stuffing myself with spicy soup so things are still the same

have a smoke free day

caz

• Edited March 3, 2018 2:49 pm  by  Cazza2468
Cazza2468

3/3/18

Anthony

You better get over to the new home. Have a great smoke free day

Caz

Neats (1146)

3/3/18

Hi Laura, 

I just popped in to welcome you all to your new home and then I spotted your earlier post. Do not take it personally - it really is hit and miss on the forum at times.  I really do not feel anyone intentionally excluded you. 

I have to second what Cazza as she is right in saying the forum can be fairly quiet at times and it does depend on how much you post. You also do not have to feel confide to only your quit group. Do feel free to roam around the other groups in the forum as for further support. 

We are all here with the same goal in mind which is to remain smoke free. It is difficult to begin with and can feel quite lonely at times without cigarettes but you have been doing great!

Hope you hang in with us. 

Anita 16/1/16

Neats (1146)

3/3/18

Fighting February MustQuiteers,

I just came by to welcome you all to your new home.

Keep supporting each other and nope daily. 

You can do this. 

Anita