About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fighting February MustQuiteers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/2/18 by slowblumer; 310441 views.
Denim50

Jul-13

Caz, 

Congratulations on 17 months smoke free. Sorry I’m a little late posting this. Can you believe that next month you’ll be celebrating a year and a half?! I’m so happy for you. We should do something special to celebrate again.  

How did it go with the dog whisperer, or have you been yet? What’s her name? I’m sorry she bites, that’s definitely good. What breed is she? Anyway, good luck with her. I hope they can help with that behavior and get it all sorted out. 

Did you speak with Suzy? How is she doing? I hope she’s well and all is good. 

I’ve got some yard work to attend to tomorrow, technically later today I guess, lol. It’s the wee hours here. 

I think I’ll make a strawberry cheesecake tomorrow too. 

It seems during my absence I’ve missed some post sent to me. I’m trying to catch up on those too, as I can anyway. 

Thank you for your messages. I hope, as you said, things continue to improve.  

Talk again soon.  

• Edited July 13, 2021 1:34 am  by  Denim50
Cazza2468

Jul-14

Hi Denim, thank you so much for remembering me.  I went to the dog guy today and it was awful.  I didn’t like what he did to my dog and I thought well if that’s the only way to fix this dog then I will have to re home her .  I am kind of upset by the whole day and I will have to re assess tomorrow.  Her name is Lola by the way.  

I just wanted to jump on and thank you anyway.  

Queen Caz feeling very non royal atm

Denim50

Jul-14

Caz, 

I’m so sorry about the experience that you and Lola had with the dog guy. I’m sure you are upset. You must be heartbroken. Not trying to meddle but, a few suggestions may be to try a different person, or possibly talk to a vet. Also, there are several videos on YouTube about how to stop a pup from biting, if that’s something you’re interested in. Also,  I did a Google search, ‘how to stop a puppy from biting’ and some reputable sites came up with helpful information on the subject too, if any of them might interest you. Whatever you decide, I wish the best for you and Lola. I’ll post it if I can think of anything else.  

Cazza2468

Jul-15

Thanks Denim. We are definitely not going back to that guy again.  I have recovered somewhat now. We went to puppy school yesterday and it was very good. We have lots of things to try and work on.

have a great weekend 

Caz

Denim50

Jul-16

Caz, 

I’m so happy you and Lola found a puppy school to help. That’s wonderful news!  

I hope both of you have a great weekend too. 

Hugs. 

• Edited July 16, 2021 12:01 am  by  Denim50
Cazza2468

Aug-12

Well here we are.  18 months since my last cigarette.  I decided to throw a little party for a few of ,my friends.  We can sit around and sip Aperol Spritz loaded with orange slices and nibble on delicious little morsels of yummyness.  It is so good to have 18 months of time behind me.   Most of the time I dont even think about smoking any more.  It is a great feeling when you realise you hadn't even thought of smoking for days. I think part of the reason is that my mind is so busy with this new pup of mine.  Basically it is the puppy from hell but it is slowly improving.  I am even starting to like it a little bit ha ha.

OK come on in and relax and enjoy some hospitality.  Put you feet up. Stay a while

CAz

Jatchat

Aug-12

Congratulations Cazza!!! 18 months WOW! Keep up the  good work, Intelligent looking Alsatian, Cazza.

Kind regards

Anthony 

Denim50

Aug-12

Can’t leave Lola out. wink 

Caz, 

• Edited August 12, 2021 10:09 am  by  Denim50