About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fighting February MustQuiteers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/2/18 by slowblumer; 353086 views.
Cazza2468

10/18/21

Hello wonderful denim

thank you so much on the warm congratulations on being nicotine free for 20 months I can hardly believe it myself. Princess Lola is coming along, slowly but surely she is improving. I have high hopes for her now which I must say I didn’t have a couple of months ago.

I hope becka comes back too, and Suzy as well.

We are finally coming out of lockdown next Thursday. Hooray. Everyone is so excited because it has been such a long haul. From November 1 we are going to be allowed to leave the country .  Maybe the world will get back to normal again. I really hope so. You are really doing a great job around here. There doesn’t seem to be any moderators any more, so it’s up to the community to put in and tryto help support the newbies

I think you’re really great Denim and I really appreciate everything you do around here.

caz former queen of the  Fighting February Mustquiteers

• Edited October 18, 2021 5:19 am  by  Cazza2468
Denim50

12/12/21

Hey Caz, 

I hope you and Lola have been having a wonderful time celebrating yet another amazing milestone! Btw, you’ll remain princess of this thread to me! blush I hope Becka and Suzy return too. Have you heard from either recently? I hope all is well with them. Thank you so much for your sweet words and kind messages. They mean a lot to me. I think you’re great too my friend. relaxed I can’t believe after the two years we’ve had, now there’s another variant going about. I’ll be so glad when the world is eventually rid of all of that. Are you ready for the holidays again? I’m still working on it, such as they are, considering everything. Nonetheless, I still think of it a wonderful time of the year, pandemic related stuff aside, though I’m not crazy about colder temperatures. The temperatures must be feeling really good there about now. That’s something anyway. It seems these days we have to find reasons to continue to smile where we can and I’m doing my best, right along with everyone else. I’m still baking up the occasional goodie and made a banana loaf. Now I’m thinking about baking a ginger loaf too. We’ll see. I keep wanting to write more but I’ve got other post I need to get posted too, so I’ll come back and post more here soon. Hugs. 

Have a great day.  

• Edited December 12, 2021 3:26 pm  by  Denim50
Jatchat

12/12/21

Congratulations Cazza, on 22 months smoke free, as you can see I'm still struggling to put a decent quit together, gearing up for a holiday up North, Two weeks away, will take the camera and hope to  get some good shots. Will visit Ken Duncan's gallery at Umina and hopefully meet the guy, drag away a book or two of his great landscape panoramas, Hope you and the pup have a Merry  Christmas.

Kind regards

Anthony

Cazza2468

12/12/21

Good morning denim

It’s so lovely of you to remember my 22 month anniversary. It’s quite amazing how quickly that time has gone by. I more or less started this quit at the start of the Corona pandemic and the time has just flown by. I remember thinking at the time that the pandemic could probably hang around for about six months and then would be able to move on but here we are almost 2 years later dealing with a whole new variant. Let’s hope it doesn’t amount to much. It’s a glorious summer‘s day here today and I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do. Lola is still a ridiculous handful, I’m hoping that one day he will be easy to manage. She’s off to puppy daycare tomorrow, which means I’ll have a very pleasant day. She loves me to death but I wish you just be a bit better behaved. Oh well with lots of training and another year maybe I’ll be able to tell you how wonderful she is.

I don’t have anything much planned for Christmas, so it’s going to be pretty Cruisey.

hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year and thanks again for all the support that you’ve given me over the past 22 months. And yes it would be lovely to hear from Suzy and Becca. I did try giving Suzy a ring awhile back but she must’ve been busy. I’ll probably try again just before Christmas. Have a great day.

caz

Cazza2468

12/12/21

Hi Anthony

Thanks for the accolades for 22 months. It’s great that you’re going to have a holiday. Make sure you stay in smoke-free places and only visit places where you can’t smoke because the complete change of environment can be really helpful when trying to get a good quote together. Good luck with that. Your holiday sounds like it’s going to be lots of fun anyway.

Merry Christmas to you and your family also and let’s hope by the New Year you’ve got a good few weeks under your belt

caz

Denim50

Mar-12

Majesty crown,  

Congratulations on 2 years and one month smoke-free! tada I'm so sorry to have missed your celebration last month, a lot has been going on. I'm also so saddened to hear the forum is shutting down. I still hope you and Lola did something wonderful to celebrate. You deserve it. I'm so proud of your achievement and so grateful you were here when I joined the forum. I'm also extremely grateful for these years of friendship. Your friendship truly means a lot to me and you're a great quit-buddy. Thank you! You may have been Queen of the 'Fighting February Must-Quiteers 2018' but you'll keep your position imho. It's been a lot of fun, even through that tough start at quitting, thank you for sharing your Court, the roller coaster, and the laughs, to name a few. It all was, is, and will continue to be greatly appreciated. 

Hugs,

Dutchess De Denim 

Hey Caz, 

I'm sending you a pm. PLEASE let me know if you get it. I'm going to make several more post around the forum over the next few days. I'll look for a reply. Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great day. relaxed 

Cazza2468

Mar-12

Thank you lovely Denim the trueDuchess to us all. I’m sorry I didn’t get your private message but you can email me on tango 6079@gmail.com. It’s so lovely to be over two years quit and starting to be more relaxed and comfortable in myself.

it’s very sad that the forum is ending, it seems that it’s been a part of my life for a long long time. The first time I quit was in 2008 for eight years and then I had to come back and do it all again after throwing away a very good week. So I have been here a long time and I can’t imagine it not being here any more. I’ve met so many people here and had lots of fun and laughs along the way.  We really did have a lot of fun back then when we started the fighting February musketeers. A lot of us are now quit and there’s some who is still giving it ago. I hope they all end up successful in the end.

A lot of us are now quit and there’s some who is still giving it ago. I hope they all end up successful in the end.

You’ve always been such a fun person around forum and you’ve helped so many people. I wish I do great things for you my friend and the very best for the future.

queen caz for one last timerelaxed

Denim50

Mar-12

Hey Caz, 

Thank you. I would love to keep in contact. However, I'm looking at your email address and see: tango 6079@gmail.com. Is there supposed to be a space between tango and 6079? Or is it suppose to be together? I just want to make sure I enter it correctly, thanks. relaxed 

Talk more soon. 

Denim50

Mar-28

The forum is remaining open and I hope you both return soon. 

Hugs. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

CC to Jatchat