About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 201513 views.
Denim50

Aug-21

Hey Brian, 

Congratulations on 17 months smoke free today! tada You may not think of it anymore but it’s still a awesome achievement, as we move month by month toward that two year milestone. Anyway, I hope you’re having a great day. relaxed Talk to you later. 

Denim50

Aug-21

Hey Tom, 

I went ahead and had all new tires put on it today. It is sweltering out there! sweat I’m glad that message finally showed up. relaxed 

Have a good day. 

Denim50

Aug-25

Hey Marilyn, 

Congratulations on 18 months smoke free! relaxedtada Hope you’re having a great weekend and a wonderful day. So amazing to be heading on toward year two! Talk to you soon.

Hugs,  

Rassister

Sep-1

Hey Denim,

Thank you!  I am on the forum again.  I saw a post come in from a September Ex Smoker strand so I signed in and typed in my password and here I am.  I can't believe it.  I hope I don't start getting those "frequent posts" again.  Im thankful to you for finding me.  Since I touched base with you, my youngest son has had some problems so I have not been focused on anything or anybody except him.  I am hoping that he and his wife can work things out.  I was on a roll at work.  (30 days in with no parent complaints or behavior problems). That ended last Thursday so I am back where I was last school year but not quite so bad yet.  I still like my other students.  I have no need to smoke, no desire to smoke and I have yet to lose the weight that I put on.  I spend my weekends doing lesson plans and I am thankful to be off tomorrow for Labor Day!  I enjoyed reading everyone else's posts. It looks like we all made this our forever quit.  I am so grateful that we did it.   Fall is on the way.  Here come the hurricanes.  I hope that everyone stays safe and that it cools down considerably.  It has been one hot summer.  Now that I am on again, I am going to try and check in every week and say hello to all of these quitters.  I hope that everyone knows how this generation of kids ( My students range from 11-15) are all into vaping and are totally addicted.  They have brought in counselors because these kids are having a really rough time now that they are in school all day and are not able to sneak away to vape.  It makes me truly Sad!   
BTW..... Charlotte just turned six months old, Kathryn is officially 4 and Owen is 2.  They are growing up so quickly.  I got to see them this summer but now that I am back at work I will need to wait for certain weekends.  I hope that you have recovered and that your husband has as well.  Congratulations on almost 18 months quit!  Can you believe us and all our comrades.  It is truly amazing and freeing.  All the best to all my fellow quitters from Spring/Summer 2018 if you are reading this post.  WE DID THIS!!!  IT is an incredible weight lifted from all of us.  

Peace,

Denim50

Sep-2

Hey Michele, 

Huge congratulations to you on reaching 15 months smoke free yesterday! relaxed tada Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Have a great day. Hugs. 

• Edited September 2, 2019 7:54 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Sep-2

Hey Marilyn, 

YAY! I’m so glad you got that straightened out and are back! I’m sorry to hear about what your son has been going through. I hope everything works out for him and wish him and his wife the best. I’m sorry about what happened at school last Thursday but happy to hear it’s not quite as bad this year. As to the other, I think it’s awful that so many children are addicted to vaping, it’s so sad. I’m still trying to get the weight off too. I was telling Robin in the Dec. ‘18 group that I got some clothes off Amazon I thought would fit but no. I’m buying in store to make sure they fit after that. blush Brian seems to have got his weight back down good. I know Cindi was working on it too, but I’m not sure the progress she’s made. She’s been away a bit enjoying the Summer months. Btw, Robin’s group has gone a bit quiet too. I told her she was welcome to join us here, that we’d be happy to have her here with us. relaxed I know what you mean about the Fall. Summer has been so hot and humid this year. How are you doing with your sinuses? I hope you’re doing better. We’re doing better, thanks. I have a follow-up appointment this week. It’s amazing how quickly children grow. I can’t believe your Grandchildren are six months, four, and two already! I’m sure they keep you busy when you see them. At the cute age of being both adorable and super active. Speaking of active, are you still swimming? Believe it or not, I didn’t swim at all this Summer. Oh, I’m sending you a pm too, so check for that. Thank you for the congrats. Michele reached fifteen months yesterday. It really is awesome how far we’ve all come here, 15, 18, and 19 months for you later this month. Molly reached thirteen yesterday and Gloria the day before and the September Ash-Kickers 2018 are all joining the Clubhouse this month. Isn’t it wonderfully amazing?! Can’t wait to see what that second year celebration looks like. Hope you a wonderful and relaxing day off work. Talk again soon. Hugs. 

CindiS319

Sep-4

Hey Marilyn,

Denim reached out to me  and reminded me how absent I've been so I thought I should check in.  I'm glad she checked up on me.  I'm doing well.  Can't believe the summer is over already.  I'm sure it's much more traumatic for you going back to school.  We still have a Fall trip planned at a cabin at the end of September.  I'm hoping my daughter can stop by the cabin for a visit.  I haven't seen her since last Thanksgiving. 

Hope everything is going well for you and you got to see the grandkids a lot this summer.  Life is pretty much the same here.... still not smoking...hubby still is (rage), work, play, etc.  Still can't believe we all made it this far.... I'm so proud of all of us.  I'm going to check around the forum real quick and see what I've been missing.

Miss talking to you!  Big Hugs!

CC to Denim50
CindiS319

Sep-4

Michele,

Are you at 15 months now!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I remember when you first started on the forum.  You are doing awesome!  I'm so glad we are all here together!

Denim50

Sep-4

Hey Cindi, 

So happy to see your post. It’s great that you’re back! We’ve missed you too!  

I hope your daughter stops by the cabin too and that you have a great vacation and some fun family time together.

You’re so right, it’s truly great how far we’ve all come. Can you believe 18 months in only a few days?! We’re all moving closer and closer to that two year milestone. I’m so grateful to you and all of our wonderful quit buddies and friends and so proud of all of us, especially you, with your husband smoking around you all the time. That took so much strength and resilience but you did it! 

It won’t be long until Fall. Still, I can’t believe how early stores are putting out seaonal stuff. I was in one the other day, believe it or not, they not only had the Fall stuff out but stuff out for the holidays for the remainder of the year. Goodness, it’s not even officially Fall yet and they had items out for every occasion all the way through Christmas! I’m looking forward to the Fall weather though as the Summer, here anyway, has been exceptionally hot and humid this year. Nonetheless, I hope it’s indicative of a mild Winter but we’ll see.  Hope so anyway. 

I’m going to go and post a couple of other messages too but we’ll talk again soon. So glad you’re back. Have a great evening. Hugs. 

Denim50

Sep-4

Hey Robin, 

I did get a couple pair that fit. Didn’t go online this time, lol. Anyway, how are you doing today? Good I hope, and if your weather is anything like ours, I also hope you’re staying cool. Anyway, I wanted to give you a shoutout and hope to hear from you again anytime. We’re happy to have you join us. Have a good evening.  

CC to Robin212