About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 199763 views.
Rassister

Oct-16

OMG!    Good for you to jump right in and tackle EVERYTHING at once.   I am happy that you continue to have lots of energy to work, long commute, volunteer, paint, ride four wheelers and kayak!   In my opinion you are amazing.  I’m thinking of your trip to see your parents down south with all your creations for mom and dad.  Lots of laughs were had as you wrote and sent us pictures.  Good for you girlfriend.  I need to get involved with a volunteer group.  I tried “projects” but I never finish what I start.   So glad to get back on here again.  I needed to reconnect! 

Hugs 

Marilyn 

Rassister

Oct-16

Omg Denim,

i cannot believe that guy pestering you for a haircut and not listening to you.  Some people are plain crazy.  I do want to move again closer to my grandkids.  I want to retire agin. I need to find a job or a place where I can move, make new friends and start a new life. My grandkids are 100 mikes north of me. That state is very expensive.  I am trying to save money.  My youngest son is 50 miles south of me.  Right now, I feel like I don’t want to leave him behind.  I am hoping that by the time June roles around I will figure all of this out.  In the meantime, I’m still separated.   I need to not worry for now.  It will all turn out ok I hope.  I’m falling asleep.  I’ll talk son.  

Hugs 

CindiS319

Oct-17

Oh boy. I have so many projects I can't keep up. Been this way for over 30 years.  Veterans, community, teens... let me know I'll steer you my friend. Hugs to you. I'll write more tomorrow.

CindiS319

Oct-17

Hey Denim, yeah I did cut all my hair off last Saturday.  All gone.  It's really easy to do now in the morning, that's for sure.  I'm working from home today so I have some time to cruise around the forum.  I just read your post about that guy calling you... that's kind of freaky.  I have this number that was calling me about once a week.  They would leave 5 minutes of nothing on my voice mail.  I could just hear people talking in the background.  Almost like "butt dialing" someone.  There would be like 3 or 4 people talking but I couldn't really make out what they were saying.  I blocked the number finally and I don't think I've seen it in a while.  I tried a reverse lookup on the number but couldn't find anything.  Anway, hope you're having a good day.  It's in the 40's here today and the furnace guy is here turning up our furnace.  Our house is freezing!  It's suppose to be nice this weekend though... 60's and 70's.  Talk to you soon!  Hugs!

Denim50

Oct-18

Hey Cindi, 

Sorry I missed this yesterday. My other half had to go for some test and we didn’t get home until late afternoon, then I was busy preparing supper, etc.... Anyway, the test results came back as we’d hoped, so that’s wonderful!  

Yeah, that call was freaky, but since then I don’t answer unless I recognize the number. If I don’t recognize it, they can leave a voicemail. I was reading about the calls you received too, that was freaky too. Sounds like they’re both a bit crazy! 

We had to turn our heat on here too. It was 39 last night and is only 42 currently, though the highs for the weekend are supposed to be in the 60’s. It’s that time of year again. 

I’m glad it’s the weekend though.  lol.  

I hope you’re having a great day. Are you working from home again today? That would be cool. Any plans for the weekend? However you spend it I hope you have some fun. 

I’ve got to go to town and take care of a few things but will be back on here later. Talk again soon. Hugs. 

CindiS319

Oct-18

Good morning.  I'm glad the test results came back good.  That's wonderful news.  I'm not working from home today but that's ok.  My dogs were driving me crazy yesterday when I was trying to work.  Yeah it's pretty cold here.  Glad to have my furnace back.  Plans for the weekend would be getting the yard ready for winter and putting some stuff away for winter.  I think it's supposed to be nice.  I'm going to try and change my profile picture with my new haircut.  Gotta get back to work.  Have a great day and talk to you soon!

CindiS319

Oct-18

Trying my new profile pic to see if it worked.  This is only a test.  LOL

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-18

You look beautiful, Cindi !!

CindiS319

Oct-18

Aw... shucks... thank you Brenda.

Denim50

Oct-19

Hey Tom, 

Congratulations on 19 months smoke free! I hope everything is still going good for you and that you’re enjoying the Fall Season. If you get a chance please stop back by. I’m hoping everyone returns for our two year celebration. I’m doing a few things this  weekend that I want to get done before the weather turns colder. Hope you’re having a great weekend. Hugs. 

• Edited October 19, 2019 12:54 pm  by  Denim50