About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 225408 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

Dec-10

21 MONTHS !!!!!!!!  Awesome achievement.

Image result for congratulations

Rassister

Dec-23

Merry Christmas to all my March Warriors 2018 quit buddies!    Denim, it’s always so good to hear from you.  I wanted to say “Happy Holidays,Merry Christmas,Happy Hanukkah and good tidings to all.  This is our second Christmas “ Smoke free.  I hope all of you are focusing on all that is good and looking forward to time with loved ones or just some “down time”. I miss our times here together but sure do not miss the smoking.  Was planning to spend the day with my grand kids and take a mini trip to the Carolinas.  Unfortunately, I will probably be staying home nursing my third bout of sinusitis and ear infections. The doctor said it is time to head to the ENT.    So those years of smoking have come back to haunt me once again.  To all of you in the most difficult days of your quit!   Keep on looking ahead.  Don’t give in.  It is not worth it.  You can do this one minute, one hour, one day at a time.  It is so much better to be free!!!!  My New Years Resolution this year might be to get a personal trainer who helps me to focus on getting in shape and changing my diet.   I think I am ready for the next  test!   In closing, I want to thank all of you on the forum who grabbed my hand and guided me to the best gift I could have given to myself.  I always enjoyed our times together.  A big shout out to Cindy, Suzie, Denim,Brian,Michelle,Molly,Marge,Gloria,Kuzno,, Mike, Sue,Debbie and all of the others who helped me along the way.  May you make happy memories with those you love.  May we all find an excuse to be kind and to find peace and love through this season. 

Hugs to all,

Rassister

Dec-23

Hi Susan,

congratulations to you on deciding to make this quit your focus. I am also a March Warrior 2018 in Denim’s group.  She was and  continues to be a mentor and true supporter to so many of us.  We need mor Denim’s.   Wishing you and those you love a wonderful holiday season and happy 2020!!   Keep on going one day at a time. You’ve got this 

all the best. 

Molly010

Dec-24

Good morning March Warriors!

Hope you are enjoying this second smoke free Christmas season.  I am off work today and tomorrow then will fly home to see my family later this week.  My focus next year is similar to Marilyn's.  I want to start on weight loss and just being healthier all around.  I have been in a food coma over the last month and it will continue until the first week of January.  Will hike this morning with the dogs and my friend before getting the house ready for guests.  

Hope all is well and Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!  

Denim50

Dec-25

Hey Marilyn, Cindi, Brian, Tom, and Mike, 

Wishing everyone a happy holiday and best wishes for a happy, healthy, and wonderful New Year! Hugs.  

Denim50

Dec-26

Hey Marilyn, 

Congratulations on twenty-two months smoke free! I hope you had a amazing Christmas and a wonderful day celebrating you’re amazing milestone. Two months to two years! That’s AWESOME!  Hugs. 

• Edited December 28, 2019 1:32 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Dec-26

Hey Dee, 

Thank you. Happy holidays to you also and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

Hugs.  

• Edited December 26, 2019 8:33 am  by  Denim50
CindiS319

Dec-26

Merry Christmas Marilyn and a very Happy New Year next week.  In the new year, I also need to focus on my diet and exercise and get these damn 20 lbs back off.  I did WW last year but it got away from me again.  I spent time with some of my family yesterday (my daughter didn't make it, she's sick) and was outside while they were all smoking.  It was almost 60 degrees here....craziness.  Anyway, my cousin said she couldn't believe I still wasn't smoking.  She was the one who started me smoking at 13.  It really felt good to be out there with the 3 of them smoking (my husband, cousin and her husband) and I had absolutely no craving to want to do it.  I have had some moments in the last few weeks though where I missed it (for a brief second).  Hopefully we are going to take a road trip to Columbus next week to see my daughter.  I'm taking a couple days off after the new year.  Also want to head down to Alabama to visit my parents soon.... maybe Feb or March.  Well, hope your sinusitis gets better and you're able to spend some time with your grandkids.  I'm at work today and kind of bored so I think I'll browse through the forum a bit and try to catch up on some of the latest news.  Take care and big hugs to you!

CindiS319

Dec-26

Hi Denim and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too my friend!  Hope you had a great holiday and are looking forward to the new year.