About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 225396 views.
Rassister

Dec-27

merry Christmas Denim,

Hi Everyone!!!! I hope all of you are doing well at your house. Can you believe this is our 2nd “no smokingChristmas”.  I am happy to say that as sick as I have been, I managed to get up to see my grandkids and enjoy the magic of Santa Clause with them.  Good memories.   Christmas was 22 months free for me! City hard to believe. I wonder if there is a larger clubhouse once youadd on those extra years!  I have such a hard time finding the March Warriors 2018 group but I am going to wish all of you a happy new year to all of you full of good health, happiness and peace.   Hugs to all of you (Denim,Cindi,Kushno,Brian,Mike, Sparta Fan,Molly, Suzy, Michelle,and Marge.Gloria, Michelle and all I missed,  hugs??

Rassister

Dec-27

HUgs Denim!   

Rassister

Dec-27

So good to see everyone again!!! Merry Christmas and Haooy New Year!!!

hugs  

so proud of you standing out there with them and not even tempted.  

Denim50

Dec-28

Hey Marilyn, 

The same good wishes to you my friend. I’m sorry I initially got the number wrong. I’ve been so sick recently, so not exactly at my best. Anyway, if you look I’ve corrected it and still so proud of you leading the way into our 2nd year. I’m sorry you’re not feeling your best either. Please let me know how it goes with the ENT. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you had a great time at Christmas with the grandkids. Idk about the larger Clubhouse but it sounds good, lol. Maybe even a resort. What do you think? We made plans to travel and to visit a family friend before the holidays. When we got home, after all of the running around we did, I became sick and had to go to the doc.. Another family member got sick and had to go to the doc. today. I hope no other family members get sick. Thank you so much for your kind words my wonderful friend. When I feel a bit better I want to come back and answer some of the post here, at the moment though I need to log back out. I hope you have a happy, healthy, and great New Year. Hugs. 

• Edited December 28, 2019 3:15 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Dec-28

Hey Cindi, 

Love the picture, it’s so cute! 

BMann (bmann018)

Dec-28

Hi Denim, Marilyn, Cindi, Suzy, Molly, Tom and all other ex-smokers lurking around here to enjoy another Christmas smoke free. I hope all got their santa good-boy/girl gift this year. We had a great time with a full house. Both sons and their girlfriends spent extended time at our house. They just left and it is nice and quiet again.

Weather has been great and I have been able to play some golf over the holiday.  Unfortunately work begins again on Monday. Still looking forward to the big retirement day next year. No big plans for the new year except to improve my heath/fitness. I had a good heart check up last month and need to put more exercise work in. My wife said we are done eating after this holiday. Did some good baking this holiday and am actually sick of sweets.

I don't think about smoking much, except for those fleeting moments of "Oh, I would have had a cigarette in the past when this or that happened." But never a thought that smoking would improve any situation. I am so glad that that "something's missing" feeling is long gone. Just like others promised.

I hope all have a wonderful and safe new year. Let's get busy chipping away at our goals. "I am not as good as I should be or can be, but I am better than I used to be." I want to be able to say that on a daily next year. Ha, good luck, but.....

Denim50

Jan-10

Hey Cindi, 

Congratulations to us on 22 months! I hope you’ve had a wonderful day! Two months to two years! Yay. Hope you have a great Friday.  Hope you have a fun weekend ahead too. Hugs.  

CindiS319

Jan-10

Awww.... thank you my friend and awesome quit buddy.  Still hard to believe it!!!  Hope you have a fantastic Friday and weekend!!  Big Hugs!

SusanK1960

Jan-10

Hey Cindi,

I applaud your resolve in overcoming your addiction!