About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 239042 views.
Denim50

Jan-25

Hey Marilyn, 

Huge congratulations to you my awesome friend! One more month until your two year celebration. So proud of you! Keep leading on! I picked this cake knowing how much you love m&ms and chocolate. Hope you’ve been having a wonderful weekend celebrating. Have a good evening. Hugs. 

Denim50

Jan-25

Hey Susan, 

Thank you so much for your sweet message! It’s good to hear from you. I apologize for not answering sooner but I have been off the forum a lot recently due to personal matters. Huge congratulations to you too on reaching three months this month. That’s awesome! It’s wonderful to see you going strong and reaching these amazing milestones. Best wishes as you continue on toward your fourth month. Hugs. 

Rassister

Jan-28

Hey Denim and all my non smoking friends!,

Happy January 2020!   For the first time in a long time I was thinking about my quit on the 25th this month.   It feels sooo good to know that I am getting ready to move upstairs in the clubhouse!   No longer on the main floor!   It feels like yesterday when we all started planning our “forever quit”.  Either we were thinking about it or somebody else was going to help us DECIDE.   I vividly remember tramping out in the snow in January 2018!   It was freezing.   I stunk!   However, about one hour later I was pulling on the coat, the gloves my boots and heading out again.  What a vicious cycle.  It is hard to believe that I very rarely think about smoking anymore.   I look forward to starting our 2 year anniversary beginning in February and right through August of 2018!    So many of us slayed the dragon and put them down for the final time.  Free at last!!!   It has been the best gift I have ever given to myself.  All the best to all of you whether you are beginning  your quit, in the middle of your quit or are sitting in the clubhouse living the life!!   We are all awesome and we can do this!  

Peace

CindiS319

Jan-29

Hey there my friend!  Good to hear from you!  I can't even believe our 2 year anniversary is coming up.  I wasn't even thinking about quitting in January 2018 and here we all are.  I never thought I could do it.  I always feel so bad when I read about people's first months of quitting.  Jesus that was so hard.  I don't think I could go through that again.  A friend of mine at the Eagles just quit about 2 weeks ago.  Hope she can hang in there.  Her husband doesn't smoke so I'm sure that's helpful.  Anyway, good to see you and glad things are going well for you.  Don't stop checking in with us.  I try and pop on here every couple weeks and see what's going on!  Hugs!

Denim50

Feb-9

Cindi and Denim are celebrating 23 months smoke free!  

Denim50

Feb-9

Hey Cindi, 

Congratulations and happy 23rd month! Can you believe it’s only one month to that two year milestone?! I hope you’ve been enjoying a great weekend. Still missing Mike and hoping he returns for our celebration next month. Thanks for sharing the roller coaster with me. Have a great day. Hugs.  

CindiS319

Feb-9

Hey Denim! Happy 23 months to you too!!  One of my young friends just posted on Facebook today is 1 year for her!!!  She's not on here with us but I was SO HAPPY for her!!!  Hope you had a great weekend and things are going well!  Looking forward to Spring.  Snow has finally hit us in NorthEast Ohio but it's all good.  After 54 years I'm used to it.  Love you!  Big hugs!

Cindi

• Edited February 9, 2020 5:31 pm  by  CindiS319

Hey Marilyn and all,

I see lots of partying going on and for good reason  - all of you about to enter the 80% Club.

You guys are real warriors -congrats.

Next month should be a real bash!

Denim50

Feb-11

Hey Cindi, 

Congratulations to your Facebook friend. How’s your friend at the Eagles club doing with her quit? I’m sure you’re a wonderful support for her. I wish her and everyone trying to quit the best with it. We all went through so much starting out. What a roller coaster! So whether someone gets through a day smoke free, is reaching a week, a month, or a year, it truly is something to be proud of. I’m glad that we found this forum and such amazing support here when we needed it starting out. I hope all of our quit buddies return moving into the two year celebrations. Wouldn’t that be great?! I’d love to hear from everyone. Are you planning anything for yourself to celebrate next month? I hope so. Okay, on to other things..my weight has been a freakin’ yo-yo. I lost quite a bit and then put a little bit of it back on. Ugh, I’m wanting it back off again. Goodness, it wasn’t this difficult to maintain it when I was younger, lol. Like you and so many others, I’m looking forward to Spring too, with the exception of bees and the (grows TOO fast) grass. It seems to jump back up almost as quick as it’s cut. scream I hope you’re having a wonderful start to your week, snow aside. Stay warm. Love and hugs to you too! Talk again soon. Have a great day.  

• Edited February 11, 2020 9:20 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Feb-11

Hey Marge, 

Thank you SO MUCH! I don’t think any of us would be where we are with this without you, Sue, and Debbie offering your insights and support when we joined the forum.  

I still keep the picture of Yoda, and the one of that side car mirror, where I can see them any time I want a little reminder. Thanks for all of the support, your friendship, and for continuing to be here cheering us on almost two years later. It truly is greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to each of you too! Debbie’s at 6+ (7 later this year), You reaching 5 next month (and getting your wings) and Sue reaching 4 last month (and on her way to getting her wings). YAY! EACH OF YOU! You’re all examples of what CAN be done! Thank you all for that and so much more!

Hugs.