About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by slowblumer; 281588 views.
Cazza2468

Apr-20

Good evening missuz suzy

i can concur on the jama thing.  I am currently flopped into a recliner chair and it 7.30 pm and I am stilll,  I said still in my Jammies.  Yes that’s right, soon I can go back to bed and I don’t even have to change!  But I think that I will imbibe a little more wine and some more chocolate smarties before the bed thingy happens.  bTW I am officially 2 months and 1 week quit.  Oh and I am officially sick of being isolated.

so nice to see you here missus perfect princess suzy

caz

Cazza2468

Apr-20

Hi Marilyn

its Caz clad in Jammies waving madly in your direction.

Cazza2468

Apr-20

Hi Denim

just checking upon you.  I just made the most amazing sour dough bread.  How’s your baking going.  The plant cuttings haven’t died yet, but I must say they are not exactly booming yet.  It’s starting to feel like winter here and I don’t like it much.  The big worry here is that once we move into the flue season that everything might turn to crap here.  I am already sick of being locked down.

Caz

Suzy2018

Apr-23

Hi Marilyn,

Lovely to hear from you too, and glad I'm not the only one spending all day in pyjamas and eating!  But the most important thing is staying well and not smoking, and we're at least doing that.  I really sympathise about the online teaching - you've got the challenges of the kids you teach AND the technology; it must be hard. 

We've had a couple of goes talking to friends on Zoom, and although it's nice to see their faces I'm definitely not up to speed with the tech yet.   They all seem to be able to superimpose themselves on pretty backgrounds, whereas all they see behind me is clutter and mess.  Still, maybe that'll inspire me to tidy it all up (after another little raid on the fridge, obviously - got to get my priorities right relaxed).

I'm sure you'll get to see your grandkids again!  I know these are anxious times, but statistically speaking, even 80 year olds with underlying health conditions are more likely to survive than not.  It's easy to feel panicky when watching the news, though - I try to limit it to once a day only, otherwise I start to feel fretful.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, and of course it makes you sad, and angry at the same time - I very often feel the same way about mine, and it's been a long old struggle for me to realise that there are some things that we just don't have the power to change - and that unless we look after ourselves, we won't be in a fit state to help anyone anyway.  I also know that you will have been kind and giving, way beyond the point where most people would have given up, so try not to worry.   I'm not a religious person myself, but my sister is, and she has a sign on her wall which she finds very helpful - it says:  "Let go, let God" 

Thankfully mine is doing ok again now - he's doing care work, so I'm worried about that as it's quite high-risk (especially as he's only got a paper mask!), but mentally I think it's doing him good to feel useful, and to have something to focus on outside of himself.

Take care, lovely Marilyn, and talk soon. x

P.S.  thank you for the kind words about my illness!  I am so glad that's over - honestly, there were points where I wished I had the virus instead.

Suzy2018

Apr-23

Hiya Missis Caz,

Oh, it's just like old times, isn't it?  Wine, chocolate, and not smoking - it feels like home!

Congratulations on 2 months and 1 week without the stupid stinky sticks, and congratulations too on beating my record for hours spent in jammies!  I'd thought my lead was unassailable, but seems I was wrong relaxed

Yes, I'm sick of being isolated too.  Maybe we should all have a Zoom chat?

Suzy x

Cazza2468

Apr-25

Arhhh Miz Suzy

yes the great jama challenge of 2020!  Ha ha ha. I really do struggle some days to find a good reason to get dressed.  Today I was was n my civvies.  Did some mulching in the garden and finished the day with 14 k on the bike.  So of course I’m rewarding myself now with wine and chocolate.

another week has passed so now I’m clocking 2.5 months.  Closing in on the 3rd of the ickies.  Have a lovely weekend my dear friend and stay safe

c@zz

• Edited April 25, 2020 5:18 am  by  Cazza2468
Denim50

May-12

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS QUEEN CAZZA! YAY! 

• Edited May 12, 2020 10:49 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

May-12

You’re doing great! So happy for you and proud of you! You did it! Wooohoo! GO CAZ!  

Denim50

May-12

This is a wonderful achievement! I hope you had a great day celebrating. Sorry I’m a bit late but I’ve brought a party.