About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by slowblumer; 286532 views.
Denim50

Jun-12

princess Caz, 

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on four months smoke free! That’s great! I’m so happy for you! You’re doing amazing. relaxedtada starstarstarstar 

I’m also happy to see you’ve brought your cholesterol down. That’s great too. You have a lot to celebrate. Congratulations on both of your achievements.  

How are your plants coming along? Thanks for sharing the advice/idea. I haven’t tried it yet but I aim to. Fingers crossed. 

I logged in yesterday to message you but had to log back out before I could post it here. Nonetheless, I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating yesterday. You deserve it. I hope you have a wonderful day today too! Please know that I continue think of you and others often. I’m sorry I can’t post as often as I’d like but I’ll post as I can. I hope you continue to post too. Hope you have a good weekend. On to month five! Hugs. 

• Edited June 12, 2020 1:02 pm  by  Denim50
Cazza2468

Jun-13

Hi Denim

thankyou so much for the accolades.  Very much appreciated. I didn’t do much to celebrate as we still have movement restrictions here.  I have signed up for a virtual walk of the Camino de Santiago so I have been busy trying to cover the 700 odd kms by riding my bike.  It is really a great motivator and it’s keeping me out there every day.  

As for gardening, that has slowed down a bit.  The weather has cooled done considerably so I have not done that much.  My winter vegetable garden is coming along nicely though.  I have Fava beans, snap peas, cabbage, cauliflower and carrots all doing very well.  Enjoy your weekend and hopefully see you next month

Caz

Denim50

Jul-11

princess Caz, 

CONGRATULATIONS on five months smoke free! relaxed tada So happy for you. One more month and you’re half way to the Clubhouse. YAY YOU! 

I hope you’re having a wonderful day! You deserve it and I continue to wish you the best. I’ve really missed our talks and being here. I’m going to try to get back on here tomorrow too, and hopefully a bit more often (fingers crossed). How are doing? I think I asked before but can you see pm’s from me? Your virtual walk sounds amazing. I hope you enjoyed it. I’m also glad to hear you’re still riding your bike. Your garden sounds great too. Do you can or freeze any of it? I want to say more but I’m going to go ahead and post this so you’ll see it. I wouldn’t miss your celebration Majesty. Talk more soon. P.S. I’m thinking about making a chocolate cheesecake next. 

Cazza2468

Jul-11

Oh Wow Denim

you beat me to it. I was just thinking about coming on here to brag about my 5 month milestone and you were already here before me ha ha.

The virtual walk of the Camino de Santiago is going well. I am over half way now but I did fall off my bike on Thursday. A few scratches and bruises but the bike fared far worse than me and had to go to the repair shop. I was riding on a bike path that occasionally had post to stop cars entering and my phone rang and I went to a wet it and ran into a post!!!  The moral of this story is plain for all to see. 

OMG I love cheesecake but even though I manage to get my cholesterol down I can’t let it get out of hand again so I have to be careful about what I eat.  It a bit sad really because I have lost motivation in cooking amazing thingssob

talk soon and thanks so much 

the Queen princess 

Denim50

Jul-12

Caz, 

I made it back and hopefully I’ll continue to do so more frequently. relaxed 

I’m sorry to hear that you fell off the bike. I’m sorry you got hurt too but so glad the injuries weren’t worse. I’m also glad that your bike can be fixed. 

There are some wonderful cholesterol free and low cholesterol desserts you can make. Many of the recipes can be found online. It’s great that you’re taking such good care of your health, that’s such a important thing. 

I’m currently trying to rearrange and change up (redecorate) the living room and kitchen a bit. I’m not quite sure how they’ll turn out yet, but hopefully not too shabby, lol. blush 

I’ve need to go do something but I’ll try to post more tomorrow. I need to try to respond to a couple messages I’ve missed too, so hopefully I can do that soon also. Have a great day. Hugs. 

Cazza2468

Jul-17

Good morning Denim, well it’s morning here ha ha.  Finally picked up my bike from the repair shop so I need to get out there again.  The weather has been freezing cold this week though, hopefully it is on the improve.  I have recovered from my minor injuries from the crash but I have an on going shoulder problem, not related to the crash, so I’m off for a massage this morning.  Hoping for a good result.  Managed to get out in the garden yesterday and do a wit of weeding.  We had some rain so it’s a good time because the weeds come out easily.  I was looking at your stats and it’s almost 2.5 years since you quit and we all met.  Where does the time go.  It is so easy to forget to quit and next thing you know years have passed.  Well done you BTW.  I used champix to quit this time round.  I think it certainly made things a lot easier. Ok my friend, chat again at the halfway house.

Caz

Denim50

Jul-26

Hey Suzy, 

I don’t know if you’ll see this or not but I wanted to congratulate you on five months smoke free. Hope you had a good day. I also hope that you, Mike, and your family are staying safe and healthy. Please stop by sometime and let us hear from you. Sending a big hug and best wishes. Thinking of you.  

BMann (bmann018)

Jul-27

Just shouting out to folks in the group. I hope all is well in the non-smoking world. I know it is tough for us all to stay in regular touch, but at least we have no resentments or regrets with each other when we go dark for awhile. I still hold this group in a special place and always look out for posts.

It has been an interesting year. Just as I retired and was rehabbing from rotator-cuff surgery (that was delayed 4 months due to the virus situation), I completely tore my achilles tendon playing pickle ball on the tennis court. When it rains it pores. I had surgery last Friday to reattach the tendon and am stuck on the couch for 10 days until I can get a boot on and get around some. What a drag, I was just getting back to some activity as my shoulder improved and could do some one-handed cooking, etc. this comes along.  I guess with all that is going on, I should not cry the why-mes, but I am running out of new mini series to entertain me. I certainly was not expecting to have 3 surgeries this year, but thank god I am breathing deep and often, just have to do it from the couch for another rehab period.

Fortunately, through all this, I have not had any real thoughts about smoking. Tough to think back the 2+ years and remember those obsessions/compulsions to smoke, especially in stressful "why-me" moments. I would not have thought that the addiction would be this absent in the 3rd year. I could probably use psych help from a dozen bartenders, but no need for smoking help right now. The promises definitely did come true.

Other than this new injury, all else is going as well as expected during these times. I sure hope all are adjusting and doing well. Please stay safe, patient with all and above all stay strong for yourself and others.

BMann (bmann018)

Jul-27

Sorry Cindi, I see that I got the wrong screen name on the above post. Been awhile and I hope all is well with you in these crazy times. Be well.

Rassister

Jul-27

Hey Brian, 

(and all the other non smokers on this forum that helped me stay with the program and never look back   (Like you Brian I have fond memories of our times together and how we stuck together and did not give up. Eating is definitely my go to now but I believe it is boredom from this virus.  Brian, I remember from the beginning that you could not wait to retire.   Ii can’t imagine you having three surges after you have waited so long to quit  somehow that just stinks.   I hope that you recover from all these injuries by three time this mess is over though it might be a very long time.  I do not see many smoking these days but I do see a tremendous amount of vaping   This scares me greatly   Unfortunately I’m afraid that people could not survive the virus .  On another note, I must be honest that I left my husband last year shortly after we moved to VA   I am not happy and the only reason I can tell you is that the anger got the best of me and I coukd not do it anymore   I’m still in VA and he is 30 miles from me.  No screaming and yelling   No trash talk. I’m not getting any younger but thendeprg I was taking to keep from spinning righnoff my head.  I am hoping the virus will disappear I did not end up on the psych ward . Trying to focus on the future and to ding happiness  please get better soon  so great to hear from you   
all ny best to all of you, Cindy, denim,Michelle Mollie and Kushno and suzie and Caz   
marilyn