About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by slowblumer; 336406 views.
Rassister

Feb-26

Thank you so much Cindi.   Yes, I looked forward to talking to each other every  night as we were ready to pull our hair out, and other horrible things just to get through that miserable year.   I really did have every intention of staying on here but it just didn’t happen.   I am on again  I heard aaDenim calling as I looked at my calendar this week!   It has been  a wonderful afternoon seeing all of you again and your beautiful graphics.  I’m still horrible with the computer stuff!    It has been a crazy year and a half and I’m looking forward to some happier days ahead however, i never did think of smoking again.  Will talk soon and thanks again   

Denim50

Feb-26

Hey Marilyn, 

All of us together make a amazing group, so glad you’re here and happy to celebrate with you! :) 

I have to give Queen Cazza her credit. When she arrived at the Clubhouse we were both missing many of our friends. Cazza said to me, ‘Your encouragement and support over the last year had been amazing. Just wish we had all the old gang here as well.’ We had both been missing everyone for some time, so I sent out post to multiple friends saying, ‘Cazza and I are missing you here. ‘ Thankfully many of you came back and we’re SO HAPPY that you, Cindi, Michele, Suzy, and Anthony did. Still missing some but thrilled you all are here again, it’s great! :) 

Hugs. 

CC to Cazza2468
  • Edited February 26, 2021 10:35 pm  by  Denim50
Rassister

Feb-28

Hi Marge    It is so wonderful to see everyone here again.   I hope you are doing terrific and thank you for everything you did to help us.  I am forever grateful    I just wrote a very long post about how the pandemic has really isolated us.   I just know they I could never have done it without the support here.   We all been each other no matter the issue,  The over 500000 people who died.    I sit and cry sometimes how they were so helpless because the pandemic did not allow us to get close enough to help each other   Thanks for everything that you do gor all of us Marge   Hugs Marilyn 

slowblumer

Mar-1

Hello Marilyn,

So good to hear from you.  I am not involved daily in the forum these days but I do pop in to keep abreast of things and help keep any trolls out of this great place.

Congratulations to you on 3 big years smoke free.  Isn't is a wonderful thing.  My group hits 6 years this month.  I am continually grateful for be smoke free and this is the place that got me through all the long hard days marching toward freedom.

You have more than played it forward in all the encouragement you have given to others(as well as Cindy and Denim)

Denim50

Mar-9

ColoradoMike CindiS319 Denim50 Only two more until we trade in our I’m so happy to be a part of our amazing little trio and a part of this wonderful March Warriors 2018 group of quit-buddies. Also, to all of our amazing quit-buddies all around the forum (you know who you are) and to the fabulous Mods, thank you for sharing the roller coaster, the ride, the support, and for having the patience to put up with me at times, lol, the friendships we’ve formed, the smiles we share, and a million other things. I can’t imagine what it would have been like without you here. Love to each and every one of you! Hugs. 

Rassister

Mar-10

Congratulations to the March 2018 triplets!   My friends who have been with me for three years kicking our nasty habit...    I have tried to send captions and beautiful photos but as you can see they are floating around in “forum space”.   As you know, we spent one entire year running to the computer to find  each other and dodge that pack of smokes or “just one”   We made it and it is the best  presents I have ever given myself.  I have been thinking of many on this forum all this week and remembering our journey.  It was wild, fun and insane but we did it!!!! I Officially resigned affective the end of May.  Yesterday I turned in my 60 day notice. So, things are moving on and I am looking forward to a new life.  I trided to insert my cool photos but as I said my original is long gone somewhere on this forum,,   I love all of your pics too!   I tried but I will need to try another day.   I’m supposed to be working from home today but I have been on the forum since I woke up   Have a wonderful day and treat yourselves, you deserve it!   You are simply the best and my heroes love m 

Suzy2018

Mar-11

Dear Denim, Cindi and Mike,

Huge congratulations to all three of you on three years smoke-free - that is just wonderful, and I hope you all celebrated in style.

I'm back here again after falling prey to the 'just one' idea - currently on Day 4, and feeling good about things so far.  You are living proof that this is not only doable, but also a great thing to do.  I'm feeling all inspired, so thank you.

Big, smoke-free hugs to you all.

Suzy

CindiS319

Mar-11

Congratulations to us Denim for 3 years!!!!!! It is truly amazing to me. I am so sorry I missed our day on here but don't think for a second I didn't think about all you on Tuesday. You all literally saved my life and I am eternally grateful. Unfortunately I'm in Alabama right now dealing with failing parents. My mom fell Saturday night and was in the hospital and now transferred to inpatient care. My dad finally realized (a bit late) that they really need to move back to Ohio. So I am down here getting affairs in order and cleaning out their trailer. My mom is a bit of a hoarder so it's been difficult. We are meeting with a realtor tomorrow and I have to be home Sunday because my daughter is watching  the dogs. Anyway....I am still so proud of all of us and thank you for all your support. Love you all like family. 

• Edited March 11, 2021 10:47 pm  by  CindiS319
slowblumer

Mar-12

Hi Cindy and Denim and Mike,

Wow, 3 whole years smoke free.  What an accomplishment!

As I have said before, you guys are true warriors.

Congratulations.

CC to Denim50
Vic091718

Mar-12

Hi March quit buddies. Congrats on 3 years!!  Fantastic job. Denim has been a great friend to our group at September Ash Kickers 2018. I am here to give you some home made snacks to celebrate.

Take care.  Stay strong.