About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by slowblumer; 343128 views.
Denim50

Mar-19

Suzy2018 said:

At least when you fell asleep, though, you didn't get ash all over your face - yet another benefit of quitting! 

Or burn the house down. flushed 

I hope I get it all finished on time too. Thanks. After those two nights of falling asleep the way I did, I went on to bed the following night. All of this stuff I’m having to do is so hectic right now. It’s crazy. At least it’s only for the next three weeks. smirk 

Until then..feeling a bit like this..lol.  

Talk again soon.

Hugs. 

Denim50

Mar-19

Hey Tom,  

I’m happy you’re doing good. Yeah, can you believe we sometimes do lose track of the time?  Who would have thought we would do that when we were struggling starting out in 2018?! It’s amazing how far we’ve all come and I’m glad we all took that trip together. Yay us! 

I still stick around and leave the light on. I hope you’ll stop back in occasionally. That would be great. It’s so nice to hear from everyone. Though Mike hasn’t posted here for quite some time, about a year or so I’d guess. The others do occasionally from time to time. Brian’s third year milestone is up next on the 21st and he said he’d be here. Cindi and Marilyn have posted here this month too. 

Okay, I’m going to stop writing for now and post this so that hopefully you’ll see it. I’m so glad you stopped in. It’s so great to hear from you again! relaxed 

Have a good night. 

• Edited March 19, 2021 10:24 pm  by  Denim50
Suzy2018

Mar-20

Great picture, Denim!  But I'm sorry you're feeling so frazzled, and hope things calm down for you soon.  In the meantime, how wonderful that you can feel like that and not reach for a cigarette. Three and a bit years ago you would have smoked, and it wouldn't have helped anything.  Now you you absolutely know that, and that's so lovely.

Hugs to you too.

Suzy x

Denim50

Mar-21

Hey Brian, 

It’s here! Can you believe it? Third year celebrations! Congratulations on three years smoke free today! It’s a wonderful achievement, especially from where/how we started, but we did it! Today is your day to celebrate and I hope you have a fun and amazing day. If you’re spending it at the course today, I hope you make a hole-in-one. Whatever you do, however you spend it, I hope you celebrate and have a wonderful day. I continue to wish you the best. Thanks for sharing that crazy ride and your friendship long after the ride had stopped. Both are greatly appreciated and celebrated. Yay you! relaxed Talk soon. 

BMann (bmann018)

Mar-22

Thank you Denim and congratulations to all the 3-yearers (is this a word?). I hope all are still enjoying being smoke free and live is going as well as it could. Crazy times and like all of us I am ready to get out and travel, eat out, see friends, etc. along with the rest of the country. A good time to remember to keep first things first, stay healthy and take care of friends and family.  I am hoping to get scheduled for a vaccine this week so we can get this botherment behind us. Side note - I haven't cut my hair for over a year and it is now down my back, just like the 70s all over again. My conservative neighbors don't quite know what to think that they live in a culdesac with a long haired.

I am trying to stay busy with working on the house/yard and playing a little golf.  We are discussing some travel coming up over the next couple months, but are waiting on our vaccines first. 

I would always love to hear what is going on with all my friends here, so feel free to reach out, or if you just want to talk. I hope all are well. I am so grateful to still be quit and do not think about smoking at all. Remember 3 years ago when we were all just hoping to get where we are today - we're here!!

CindiS319

Mar-22

Hi Brian and congratulations on your 3 years too!  Glad to see you on here.  I definitely don't get on here as much as I'd like to.  Denim is always pulling me back and reminding me of anniversaries (thank God).  She's always on top of it!  I do miss everyone though.  I still have my moments of thinking about it (just one) because my husband still smokes.  I hate it but feel myself romanticizing how it was.  I won't do it because I never want to live that first year again.  I feel bad for people trying to quit during all this craziness.  Boredom was always my worst challenge... and that would be tenfold today.  

Hearing about your hair actually made me lol.  That's pretty funny!  Good for you!  aka Hippie Golfer.  Good luck getting your vaccine this week.  I'm actually still on the fence about getting it.  I tested positive for the virus in January and was on lock down for 2 weeks.  Health Commissioner called me every day.  My symptoms were a really bad sore throat/cold for 4 days.  By the time I got my results, I had no symptoms.

Anyway, good to hear from you.  Good luck with your travel plans and check in again soon!  Hugs,

BMann (bmann018)

Mar-22

Hi Cindi,

It is good to hear from you. You were the miracle quitter in my opinion - there is no way I would have been able to quit with my wife still smoking. You are amazing. I do think we all experience brief times of romanticizing smoking - a fix all for all our problems like, stress and boredom. I have had those thoughts, but they are fleeting when I just go on about my day and think of something else. I hope your job is still going well and soon we will all be able to get back to canoeing on the rivers.

Take care Cindi and we will connect again soon.