About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 151631 views.
Denim50

Oct-15

Hey JR, 

Welcome to the Clubhouse.  HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you on one year smoke free and becoming part the 7% Club!! I apologize for being late to your party. I’ve got a bit behind and have been trying to catch up. I hope you’ve been having a wonderful time celebrating, you so deserve it! I think it’s great you’re going on that cruise and hope you have a blast. I remember when you postponed it. You’ve waited and been through so much, through all of this but you did it. We’re all SO happy for you. Keep in touch as you get the chance. I hope you have a great day and a wonderfully fun cruise next month. YAY YOU!!  

• Edited October 15, 2019 8:28 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Oct-15

Hey Gloria, 

So glad we’ve both stuck around here. How are you doing? September was a bit rough for my family and I but thankful things seem to be getting a bit better and I’ve been trying to catch up some here again. Speaking of family, how are your Dad and brother doing? How are you enjoying your new job so far? I keep picturing the pups chasing your car, lol. I’m glad we both got those new tires put on. You can certainly tell the season has changed here. I bought some bags of rock salt in preparation for the upcoming Winter. At least I won’t have to fight the crowds trying to find some later. Are you enjoying the seasonal change in the weather btw? Moving on soon from the pudding to piping hot bowls of homemade chilli I think, lol. I love homemade chilli, especially during the cold weather. I understand what you were saying about the dates here and so on. Nonetheless, I’m happy you’ve stayed around here my warrior friend. I still love seeing and reading your wonderful post and hope you will continue to stay around. I’m trying to do the same. On another subject, I’ve still been trying to get the weight off that I put on after joining. I’m hoping to get back down to what I was before. I certainly haven’t lost it all but I have definitely lost some, thankfully, and hoping to lose more (fingers crossed lol). I was supposed to go on a trip this month but with everything that’s been going on it’s been postponed.  We’re supposed to be having company next weekend. I say supposed to be because they’re on a list at work to come in if someone else calls out, so maybe, see I guess. I’m certainly not planning a lot, as to that, until I know for sure. I have a few things I need to go do but will talk more again soon. Thinking of you and hoping that you have a great day.  

• Edited October 15, 2019 10:53 am  by  Denim50
Rassister

Oct-15

Hey Molly! 

Great to see you again.  It has been such a long time. I did go AWOL from the forum for awhile.  Like you said, I don’t think about the smoking much anymore.  Now that the days are getting shorted and the weather turning cooler I feel the depression reappearing.   I decided last weekend  to “check out the forum”.  It felt really good after reconnecting with some people.  I feel better already.   Yes, it is strange to say I am less than six months from two years quit.   The second year is flying by.   I wanted you to know that I totally related to your story about the concert.   I remember going to see Kenny Rogers a long time ago and I was one of those running out before the show and at intermission.  My whole day revolves around a cigarette for so many years.  I wasted 40 years of my life. I am hoping I have at least 10 more years  with good health.   I no longer kick myself for smoking. What is done is done.  So thankful, I found this forum and family when I did.  The people on here saved our lives.   Congratulations to both of us and all who have beaten this addiction.  I will be back soon.  

All the Best, 

Rassister

Oct-15

Have fun on your cruise!   I am so happy you did not give up on your quit.  You went through so much!   I am happy to hear that your health is now good and you are ready to go celebrate.  I went to Arizona to celebrate my quit.  I visited with my brother and sister in law.   

pS.  I am also a Dolly Parton fan!  

JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-16

Thank you Denim. I am so thankful to be in the 7% club and the Clubhouse too. I have my sights set on the two year 80% club now. I like the 80% chance of never smoking again odds. 

JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-16

Thanks Cindi. Last year at this time I was devastated by the cardiac issues and the smoking relapse. I was wondering if I could possibly quit in the middle of such a scary health crisis. One year later I am so glad I dug in my heels and stuck with it.

CindiS319

Oct-16

I remember all of that. So glad you stuck it out!

Denim50

Oct-16

Hey JR, 

Wonderful goal! I’m sure you’ll do it too. Great key! Hope you have a good day. It’s raining and cool outside here this morning. Nonetheless, I’ll be heading out in it in a little bit. Hope it’s dry your way. Keep in touch. Talk again soon.  

Evillarreal2

Oct-17

Wow man, a whole dang year. That's awesome. I only have about 11 months and a week to go. Bet it feels good.

JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-18

Please hang in there with your quit. After you get through the third month time starts moving much more quickly. 

Also, the withdrawal and cravings are much less intense after the third month.