About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 274960 views.
Denim50

Jul-15

Gloria, 

There was quite a bit of time that my presence here was hit and miss during the last year and a half, due to personal reasons. However, I’m back regularly now and trying to lend a hand, as we were given one. 

I’m sorry I’m so late responding. I’m also so sorry to hear about you Dad’s passing earlier this year. I know how difficult it is when parents pass. Caring thoughts are with you. 

I’m also sorry to hear about your ankle and that it was still mending in June. I hope it is fully recovered by now and no longer bothersome for you. 

I’m sending you a pm. I hope you get it. I have no idea why but a few haven’t gone through. 

It’s been a extremely hot Summer lately but I’ll not complain after last Winter’s cold. I hope this coming Winter will be a bit milder, fingers crossed anyway. 

A friend of mine and her mother both caught COVID-19. Thankfully my friend recovered. However, her mother passed on unfortunately. I’m not sure of anyone who hasn’t known someone that’s had it. Now there’s that new Variant going around. I’m starting to wonder at this point if it will ever truly go away, but I do hope it will eventually. 

Can you believe it’s been three years for everyone this year? Three years seems so amazing from where we all started just trying to make it to one, much less three. Two more years and we’ll be swapping our key for wings at five years. So happy we all road the roller coaster together. 

I want to post to the others too, so I’m going to go ahead and post this to you. I was going to write everything here and cc it to everyone but it won’t let me cc it to that many names, so I’m writing quick notes to everyone individually. Talk more soon.  

Denim50

Jul-15

Hey Molly, 

As I told Gloria, for a while I was on and off the forum for personal reasons. I missed quite a few post because of it. However, I’m here regularly now trying to offer a hand as one was given to us, thankfully. I’m also trying to catch up on messages I missed. Speaking of our quits, can you believe we all celebrate three years this year? It amazes me. So glad to have ridden that roller coaster with all of you. Wasn’t easy when we started out but together we did it. Even harder to believe, can you imagine in just to more short years we’ll be exchanging those hard fought for keys for wings?  

I hope your boyfriend’s health has been improving since your last post about it. How is he doing? How are you? I hope you both are well now. 

I was sorry to hear about your fur baby passing. That’s a beautiful picture you posted though in memory. I hope there’s something that can be done to help your other fur baby with the degenerative disk disease. 

I’m also sorry to hear about your friend passing on. A good friend of ours died last month too. It made no sense to me, he went in the hospital for hernia surgery and didn’t recover from it. 

I hope you’re enjoying the Summer. I’m hoping to make at least one more trip before the Fall sets in. 

I’ve got a couple of projects I’m trying to get done around here too, hopefully also before the Fall. 

I don’t want to cut this short but I’m trying to post quick notes to everyone here, to respond, keep in touch, and say hi. I’ll try to write more later though. Talk again soon.  

Denim50

Jul-15

Hey JR, 

The grass has turned brown here too from the excessive heat we’ve had lately this Summer. If you don’t mind me asking, what part of TN do you live in. It’s okay if you’d rather not answer, I was just curious. I have some other friends that live in TN too. 

I’m sorry to hear about your cousin’s passing from Covid. That truly has affected so many people’s lives. It’s all so sad. One of the young men that my grown son went to high school with also passed on from it. 

Between the illness and the layoffs and multiple other things taking place, it’s really been something during this past year and a half. I don’t know if things will ever return fully to the norm we had before the pandemic, but if they do I’ll not ever complain about normal again that’s for sure. 

Like you, I’m sure Gloria’s homemade peach ice cream is delicious and in this heatwave I could probably eat more than my fair share, lol. I’m glad you’ve found some peach ice cream at your local store though. Sometimes I like to buy it and make peach shakes with it. Years ago Hardees used to have peach shakes in the Summertime but they stopped. 

I’m glad you’re company is one that was able to continue in force, so many have closed. My sister-in-law had to take early retirement because the company she worked for was one of the unfortunate ones that didn’t survive. 

Congratulations on being able to get a Dolly tag. It’s nice how many different tag options are available now. 

Still trying to make quick post to everyone but I think I’m going to take a little break and post more in a little while. I’ve been up all night. Think I’ll try to get a bit of sleep now though and come back to finish posting everyone after I get back up. 

It’s too early or late, depending on how you look at it, to say good night. So, good morning. I hope you have a great day.  

• Edited July 15, 2021 6:07 am  by  Denim50
JR (DPartonFan)

Jul-15

Denim,

I sent a pm if I did it right. Let me know if you got it. Thanks,

Denim50

Jul-15

Hey JR, 

I did get it and have answered. Hope you see it too. Let me know, thanks. 
Talk again soon. 

JR (DPartonFan)

Jul-15

Ok, I replied in the pm section. I forget to look at those unless someone posts that they sent me one.

Denim50

Jul-15

Hey Lori, 

It’s great to see so many quit buddies posting again. Thanks for posting the July ‘21 group too. That added support and encouragement was so important and helpful to all of us in the beginning too. Struggling trying to make those first few weeks and months, and get to that one year milestone. Amazing that it’s three years for all of us this year. We strived so hard to get those keys, now we’re not too far out from those wings, lol. The roller coaster really does eventually become a journey doesn’t it?  

I’m sorry to be so late posting. I wanted to do it this morning after posting to JR but my husband asked for help with something, then we had lunch together, followed by me having to go to town to pick up a few things from the store. 

I hope you’re enjoying the Summer. Mine has had a few recent unexpected and sad moments but otherwise okay, with the exception of a spider biting me. Went to the hospital for that one. Thing bit me three times. Last bites it ever made though! First time I’ve ever been bit by one and hopefully the last. We’re also experiencing a heatwave here so I’ve got the A/C on and fans both running, actually have one of them beside me as I’m typing this, lol. 

I’m sorry to hear that you caught Covid last year but am glad that you both recovered from it okay. 

I’m sending you a pm. I hope you get it. Please let me know if it goes through, thanks. 

I’m going to try to finish posting the others today too in between things I need to do today. I’m so glad we haven’t completely lost touch as some of those other quit buddies and threads have. Though we are missing a few that I hope we’ll hear from again sometime. That would be great too. 

I don’t want to cut this short but I need to go attend to something again. I’ll be back on later to post the others though. 

Again, it’s great hearing from you and I hope we’ll all talk some more soon. 

Lol. Have a great day. 

• Edited July 15, 2021 5:32 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

Jul-15

Hey JR,

Sent another pm.  

Denim50

Jul-15

Hey Cindi, 

Sending you so many good thoughts and wishes your way. 

You have been through so much over the past 3+ yrs. we’ve known you. I’m so sorry to hear about your parents health issues and your husband’s too. You’ve got so much on going on. You are all in my thoughts and I wish all of you the best. Please don’t forget to take care of yourself too. I hope you can get the other stuff sorted out soon, so at least you won’t have to worry about that and can just concentrate on yourself and your love ones. 

Thank you for taking the time in the middle of everything going on to post to the July ‘21 group too. Those encouraging words and support mean so much when others further along post. I remember how much that meant to all of us. I continue to try to help here on the forum and occasionally post on our thread to keep that going too. I haven’t heard from Mike in a long time. I hope he’s okay. 

Good luck with your husband’s doctor tomorrow. I can’t say I blame you one bit for wanting to tell the doctor like it is, or for being upset with your husband for acting that way. It’s not just us individually, what’s wrong with us does affect our family members too. He should realize that. Idk, maybe he’s scared of what he might hear, that’s a possibility too, but nonetheless I hope you get the answers you need Friday, or at the least a good idea of what’s going on.

I hope everything goes okay with your parents doctor too and that the doctor can help you and your Dad with the in-home care your Mom needs. 

I hope your daughter is doing well. 

I wish you and your family the best with everything that all of you are going through. 

Hugs.  

• Edited July 15, 2021 10:43 pm  by  Denim50