About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 273801 views.
David072118

Jul-16

Hi Denim,

Thanks for reaching out. I've thought about the people on this forum frequently over the last year, and hope everyone is doing well. 

I started smoking again 2 months before my 2 year anniversary. Can't believe I did that! Took to it immediately and couldn't get enough. Still smoking and planning on quitting again on my original quit day. 

It will be without Chantix this time because my insurance no longer pays for it.

So, I'll be around again.

Glad you're still here, and hope some of the others are too. Youve given support to so many! Thank you on behalf of all of us.

Best,

Dave

JR (DPartonFan)

Jul-16

Dave,

Gonna jump in here and say hello. I was trying to CC you the other day but was typing in Dave072118 instead if David. Guess that’s why your name wasn’t showing up. Lol I thought maybe you had closed your forum account. 
I was just posting about your pottery and how much I like it and use it.

Hope you are able to start another quit here really soon. It was always hard for me to get motivated again once I would start back. Sometimes it would be two or three years before I would try again. 

How is Xander doing (I’m going from memory here….is that even close to your dog’s name). My memory doesn’t work like it used to at my age. 

I hope you are doing well and find that “quit” inspiration kicking back in soon.  It’s really good to see you posting. 

JR (DPartonFan)

Jul-16

Ok, gonna add one more post. The July quit group for this month looks like a really good active group of folks. I’ve been following their posts some. You’ll see a couple of folks you probably will recognize-Overdoz and Anthony are posting there. They both have new quits started.

But you are always a Smokefree Warrior and if you post here we will support you 100% in your quit. 

Denim50

Jul-16

Hey Dave, 

it’s great to hear from you! I’m happy that you’re back and giving quitting another go. I also agree with JR, the July 2021 quit buddies are a wonderful group and you’ll also always be welcome and supported here too because you remain a part of our group of quit buddies/friends also. Not everyone gets it on the first go. I actually quit before, made the mistake in June 2016 of thinking I could have one, since I had been quit for awhile. Then I found myself here in March 2018 trying to quit again. I wish you the best with it and will gladly be cheering you on again. Since your insurance won’t pay for the Chantix, are quitting cold turkey or by some other means? I could thank you and the rest of our quit buddies for putting up with me during that first year and supporting me too, lol. We all got through it together before and we’ll be here to help get you through it again. You’re not alone. As for me still being here, they just can’t seem to shake me, lol. Btw, I’m sending you a pm. I wish you the best with your new quit on the 21st. So, how have been doing? How are things your way? Bees have decided to build a nest in the shed. Ugh. I’m allergic to bee strings, so no fun attempting to get anything out of there until the seasons change. To make matters worse, a man hit the shed and messed up the doors so it takes a little more to get in and out. It’s a trade off, Summer has the bees and Winter has the cold, though hopefully this Winter won’t be as excessively cold as last. I’m not going to hold my breath though. Anyway, I’m going to just go ahead and post this so you’ll see it, but I look forward to hearing from you again soon. Have a great day.  

David072118

Jul-17

Hi JR! Thanks for for your posts. I'm glad you're still on the forum and been thinking of you.

Yep, it's hard to commit to quitting again, and it's thus forum that made it possible for me last time. So I'll be reading here and pisting here again as much as I can. Very busy with orders right now, so a herd time to quit and difficult to find the time. 

Xander (you got it right, I'm impressed) is doing great! He'll be 3 in September and is a wonderful dog. He will be extremely glad when I stop smoking. He's been worried about it since watching me take my first puff.

Hope you have a wonderful (smoke free day)!

David072118

Jul-17

Hey Denim, thanks for the nice post! I really am so glad you guys are still around. I'll look for you pm and write more soon- have to hit it now.

Denim50

Jul-21

Hey Dave, 

I looked for you here today. I’m not sure if you restarted your quit or not. I wanted to let you know though that if you did, that’s great and we’re here to support you, and if you didn’t that we’ll still be here to support you when you are ready. Either way, please know we still look forward to hearing from you and continue to wish you the best. 

David072118

Jul-22

Hi Denim,

Thanks for thinking of me. Yes I thought it would be a neat day to quit since it would be the same day as I quit 3 years ago, but I didn't prepare enough for it. Yesterday and today I didn't smoke a number of cigarettes I normally would have, just moving on to the next thing I had to do. The idea was to exercise my "no" muscles, and build some confidence.

I also spent some time reading posts. Made me somewhat exhausted and feel like crying.

I am actively pursuing this quit, and gearing up for it. I need to read more articles. Last time Allen Carr's book, The Only Way To Stop Smoking was helpful to me. I  might have to buy it again, ugh.

Anyway, I will be on again looking for support from old quit friends and new quit buddies, and hoping my experience will be helpful to others.

Thanks so much for being here along with JR,  and I hope some of the others from my first group.

Love and support to all here.

Best,

Dave 07??21

JR (DPartonFan)

Jul-22

Dave,

I’ve had you on my mind today too. Sounds like you are laying the groundwork for this coming quit. Whatever day you feel the inspiration and resolve kick in please let us know so we can support you. 
Hey I liked that picture you posted from your pottery. Is that going to be a coffee cup or mug? Wow, please post a finished pic of that once it is done. 
Glad to hear Xander is getting along ok. 
Hope your family is doing ok as well. I think the last time I talked to you your wife had just had surgery. I hope that went well for her. 
Well quit buddy, keep working on that foundation for your quit and we will be there to support you.

Always a Warrior!

JR (DPartonFan)

Jul-22

Dave,

Want to add this poster for today.  I remember somebody posting it earlier in our original quit and it seemed to help me get inspired at a time when I couldn't even think about a year out.  I hope it inspires you and not stresses you out.