About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 276039 views.
Denim50

Aug-3

Hey Gloria, 

It’s great to hear from you. Thank you for the pm. It’s wonderful to see so many quit-buddies returning and posting. I hope that trend continues. I’m still here, all I can be anyway, supporting and encouraging others. Molly has made some encouraging post too. relaxed Speaking of that, Dave is trying to restart his quit. I wish him the best with it and I’m glad he’s back here with us too. 

It has been so hot here and with such a lack of rain. Had to weed eat the flower bed, everything wilted and is dry. The humidity is high too. I’ve had the A/C and fans both going. The year is passing so quickly though that it won’t be long until the Fall will be here. I’m just hoping the coming Winter isn’t as hard as last year. 

I was going to post yesterday but wasn’t feeling too swift. This morning I felt slightly better. I took a nap, got some rest, and that seemed to help, so I’m glad about that. 

One of my cousins called the other night and talked about two hours. She’s visiting the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and enjoying that. She thinks it’s beautiful and loves the peacefulness of it. I’m glad she’s having a relaxing and good time there. 

Were you able to find the peaches you wanted? I hope so. Your ice cream sounds amazing. I love peaches and I love peach shakes too. Do you make those also? I have to admit, I have no clue about making ice cream but I can sure put some away, lol. blush 

As I told Molly, I’ve got some things around the house I’m working on. I’m also wanting to take another trip before the Fall. Did you go to Va. Beach again this summer? 

I don’t want to cut this short but I’m going to post this now since I’m still not 100% yet. I’ll keep in touch though and hope that you and the others do the same. Have a great day and we’ll talk more soon.  

Denim50

Aug-3

Hey Dave, 

I haven’t heard back from you in several days and was wondering how you’re doing? Please keep in touch as you get a chance. Thanks. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited August 3, 2021 5:24 pm  by  Denim50
JR (DPartonFan)

Aug-7

Well I made it through the first week back to work.  Was exhausted by the end of the fourth 12 hour shift but that was to be expected.  I've spent the last couple of days getting stocked back up on meats because I have been reading a lot about this Delta plus variant.  It worries me that the meat packing plants may have to shut down again when this becomes the primary covid variant.  Bought up 6 roast beefs, 30 pounds of hamburger and about 30 pounds of ground turkey.  I spent the evening vacuum sealing every thing and getting it into the freezer. Tomorrow I plan to work on getting Chicken breasts and Pork chops put in the freezer. I've been stocking back up on canned and frozen vegetables as I've been using them but didn't realize I had gotten a little low on the meats. 

A lot of the folks at work have started stocking up this time.  I think they decided to follow my advice this time around. LOL 

We finally got some rain today! Thought there for a bit that I might have to get out in the backyard and learn to do a rain dance to get it to rain. The flowers aren't wilted looking any more. 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  

BUMP.

Hello Jr, Denim & others. Happy September!! And Fall is here!! I started double masking again Aug 4 due to the Delta variant even though I am fully vaccinated (Moderna).  I even started wearing masks outside at my bible study (One vaccinated lady was exposed to covid at a funeral where only 2 people wore masks inside). Some people who were fully vaccinated caught the delta variant and got sick, Our vaccinated Bible study partner got sick but denied testing positive for covid even though her vaccinated stepsons who went to funeral with her DID get sick and tested pos for covid. So I am back in pandemic mode: double masking inside and when in close proximity outside & only going to inside places of necessity. I was pissed as I thought we were thru this mess. I had to get used to double masking again, no social gatherings & no dining inside restaurants AGAIN. I have now accepted that we may have to stay in pandemic mode until 2023...or longer. I am not gonna get a booster shot yet but will consider it after one year just like the annual flu shot.

My oldest little doggie (the cranky old male chihuahua) finally got so sick with his congestive heart failure that the meds didn;t help and he was suffering. Had him euthanized on Sept 5. Glad& Thankful I still have my sweet 6 Y O chiweenie Dolly. We doing ok missing that bossy noisy chihuahua. Had to change my daily doggie routines so Dolly will remain happy and confident. I know she is grieving and missing her "Boss." She got her bed back now. I take her riding everyday and give her lots of cuddles and playtime. She goes walking with me now  as well. She had separation anxiety before I got the older dog. I try not to leave her alone now and I am home everyday anyway. We doing ok. We grieving together. I don;t plan to get another dog but who knows. 

I plan to go Vegan next year JR...no more meat for me. I am on twitter everyday and always read about (and SEE) the inhumane treatment of factory farming that our meat industry has become. I am totally against animal slaughter and am an animal rights advocate. I feel SO convicted and sad when I eat meat for awhile now. So I am going totally vegan in Jan---no meat, dairy, eggs etc. It's time!! So no more homemade ice cream or deviled eggs (my FAVs!!!) come Jan. I challenge anyone who loves animals to join me in becoming vegan. It will be a totally different lifestyle for me as I grew up on a farm and always knew my meat by name!! Had no control then but past time to follow my beliefs now. I am as committed to this as quitting smoking. I will start meatless Mondays in Oct to try to figure how what I can eat. My older Sis is vegan for health reasons so she is a big support. I have to come up with some recipes for meals I can eat. Will not do more cooking...need some easy meals. I am low carb due to diabetes. I have time to research and plan for my new life in Jan.

I am also helping my older brother buy/find his first home. He has to move out of Dad's home and was gonna get an apt. He is a veteran and I asked him if he had thought about using his VA benefits to buy a home. He said he never thought about it but is now excited about the possibility of owning his first home. Told him he could get a home and own it vs. paying rent. He has been pre-approved now to get a VA home loan with $0 down. He was sad & upset to have to move out of our family home but is now excited with his new road ahead. I told him he would LOVE having his own place (Spot!). So I am busy finding homes he might like. He did not know house pymts could be less than rent. Glad to help him.

Looking forward to my niece's wedding Oct 15 on the beach in Virginia Beach, VA. She got engaged last yr during the pandemic and thought she put it off until the pandemic would be over but here we are. It is outside and will just be a small reception in a big warehouse open building. We are SO happy that they can have a wedding with family and friends. We will be wearing masks of course.

I will be staying at VA Beach oceanfront during the wedding. I will be alone but looking forward to being rejuvenated and enjoying the ocean to lift my pandemic spirit. So looking forward to this trip, even though alone.

Still kicking Cig butt!!! Thankful, Joyful and blessed.   

Gloria

Nicotine & smoke-free since 30 Jul 2018...How Sweet it is!!sunflowersunflowersunflower