About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 202662 views.
Wuffie34

10/1/18

Congratulations Bo!! So excited for you today!! You've done awesome!!

Wuffie34

10/1/18

That is amazing, all that in one month!! You are doing great!!

In reply toRe: msg 16
Wuffie34

10/1/18

Welcome Lori! 

Wuffie34

10/1/18

Sleep is totally messed up here! I have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep and then waking up to my alarm at 3:45 am LOL! I just try to keep the grumps to myself knowing at some point I will straighten out!

Wuffie34

10/1/18

So sorry for you having to deal with such a tough situation. ((Hugs))

Nanp123

10/1/18

Thanks Wuffie - trying to stay strong! 

Need a good night's sleep so goodnight!  

BMann (bmann018)

10/1/18

One month Bo!! What an accomplishment. I remember quitting becoming much easier once I got that first month behind me, not saying that I still had to remain diligent on a daily basis. I hope you take a little time to pamper yourself for this milestone, you deserve it.

Then tomorrow, back to NOPING. I'm sure you will face your tomorrows with a great base and big time behind you. I also really like how engaged you are with other quitters here. I really think the engagement helps all of us. I benefit from reading your posts, right along with the subject of your posts and yourself. What a great forum here. Not sure I could have made it this far without all my quitting friends here.

Stay strong, stay in the present and protect that quit!! We are doing this!!

Mrissa

10/1/18

Thank you for let him know I'm not alone in this! It makes me feel a little bit more normal LOL I hope that you get some good rest tonight.

I'm trying to keep my Grumpy's to myself too. Some moments are more successful in that than others..... 

But I'm glad to be free from the slavery

Molly010

10/1/18

Welcome to your new home September Ash Kickers!!!

You should be proud of yourselves for getting into October - even if you quit September 30.  Glad to see some newcomers joining.  Hope you get to experience a wealth of support from your quit buddies and that you come visit the rest of us in other groups.  Best wishes to you!

Molly010

10/2/18

What is your quit date Wuffie? 

I had a hard time sleeping for at least three weeks.  Around a month is when I remember sleeping well for the first time.  Sleeplessness is definitely a part of it.  The crankiness, though?  lol  That is still an issue.  Sometimes I wake up just mad at the world, other days I cry unexpectedly.  Just go with it.  My favorite quote for that first month is "when you are going through hell, keep going" by Winston Churchill.  That pretty much summed it up for me.  

Hope you have a better night tonight.  Ttyl.