About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 213114 views.
RoberTu

10/2/18

Hi Wuffie - it is all a gradual process for me.  I have been on and off with cigarettes for ten years after giving up for twenty five years in November 1983.  I gave up alcohol in August 2015, just because I want to discipline myself for big achievements in life.  Then I gave up caffeine in July this year, while continuing to smoke occasionally with friends.  Now permanently giving up smoking is my latest challenge.  Regular yoga keeps me focused, and I get a lot of pleasure from writing.

Triff (breathefree)

10/2/18

Hi Nancy You cant change the past but you can change your future.Once you have smoking done and dusted with the support of the forum you can go on to change your whole life.I believe I became much stronger and had someone pulling me down and then one day something dreadful happened and from somewhere I found the strength to stand up and say this is very,very wrong.

OK so its hopefully going to end without more court stuff and I am beginning to reshape myself.my life and relationships just as I did when I chose not to smoke

The hardest thing was to accept I could actually do this and it was easier because I wasnt hiding in a smokescreen.I was honest and much stronger.I know that for a long time this person decided what I did and everything made me what I was.They would even command me to stop arguing and go and have a smoke. it became a habit to hide.

Not anymore and I am sure you can be strong and do what is right for you .Yes its hard but ask yourself this"Do I want this person in my life?Do I want to live the way I am?or do I want to change and become the real Me?

I know that I am so lucky to be on my Forever quit and now fighting for the right to be the person I could have been.For me this journey is very hard but I now know with support its truly amazing to gain yet another sort of freedom.I had never dreamed it could be so amazing.

One tiny step ,one tiny moment at a time ,not liking too far but growing stronger with knowledge and support is what has helped me.

Feel free to PM me and when I am up you will be asleep but I do get to the PC to answer

Triff

Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Good to see you, Colleen, and glad you are still smoke free.  Ah yes, Hang on by the seat of your pants week. flushed  It is a toughy, but we are tougher.  Just when I thought I had it together, I would fall to pieces.  So glad to be past it and have my 1st month done.  I know I have to be ready for whatever comes down the road, but I will take it one day at a time.  17 days is awesome and can't wait to see your 1st star.  You are doing great, Colleen.

Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Thank you Victor and I look forward to your 1st of many stars.  You have a great attitude and it will serve you well.  I am learning it is all in the attitude.  When I get low or pissy, the JT's come on full force.  So I am trying to keep the attitude upbeat and keep kickin' ash.  Hope you have a great day.

Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Thank you Mrissa and it feels good to have that big gold star.  Boy , do I feel like I earned it !  But that makes it more special.  Look forward to seeing yours. 

In reply toRe: msg 40
Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Dear Lori,

Well, first of all - HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 29th and yes, this is the best gift you could ever give yourself.  I don't know if the job loss is a big blow, but maybe it is good to have the time to concentrate just on you.  I too, always waited for the right time to quit and it never came, finally realized it never would.  I also was feeling all the effects of smoking so many years and it is amazing how quickly our bodies start to heal.  Within this last month, I no longer cough, I can breathe deeply, no more clearing my throat and all sinus troubles are gone.  Not to mention I no longer smell like a walking ashtray.  I figure it can only get better. A big congrats on 4 days and know that you can do this.  You deserve this special birthday gift to yourself.

Image result for happy birthday images

Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Hi Nancy,

Hope today is going better for you.  One day at a time, keep kickin' ash and tell old Nic to kiss off. kissing_heart  You are doing great.  10 days is a big achievement.  Feel very proud of yourself !!!

Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Thank you Liz and I appreciate all the support.  We are doing this !!

Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Thank you Wuffie, how are you doing today ?

Bo (1sept18)

10/2/18

Congratulations on a month of no addictions and better health.  You are doing great, Robert.  Here's to the new and improved you !!