About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August Champions 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/15 by ModDee; 331574 views.
Corrado79

9/3/15

Thank you jo. I needed that. Your feedback is much appreciated. This group reminds me of the one I was in 5 years ago. The September Stompers. They were a great group. I still speak with some of them. A couple we have lost to the damage cigarettes can do. Again, thank you!!

Corrado79

9/3/15

Thanks, Anne. The morning one was a favorite of mine, lol. I had my morning coffee this morning and it wasn't too bad. I know these feelings will pass. I know I shouldn't entertain the thoughts but sometimes I just feel like throwing a tantrum! So I will throw a tantrum until the feeling passes! But instead of saying "I want a cigarette" I say, "I want this weight lifted off my chest already!" All in time, right? 

JoJoMn

9/3/15

So...you know the drill??? Naughty boy...Here I go tap-tap-tapping and he knows it. 

Del dicho al hecho hay mucho trecho!

(From saying to doing there is a long road.)

Like Nike.... JUST DO IT!!!!

Peace,

Jo *

Corrado79

9/3/15

Lol. Yes I do know it. I think sometimes that's the problem. I know all the information yet I let this addiction get to me. Acceptance is key. Not sure I fully accept. I definitely know but accepting is a little more tricky. But like you said. JUST DO IT!!!

Sooz007

9/4/15

I like the idea of just throwing a tantrum instead of smoking, lol.  I say we pick a time and all of us throw out toys out of the pram at the same time, have a good giggle after and all feel better - I bet we don't think of smoking for a few minutes there either!  Ha ha, thanks for the giggle.

Sooz :)

Sooz007

9/4/15

Morning Miss Gorgeous!  Did you manage to get your two cups of tea yet this morning.  We need it after the amount of champagne consumed last night.  You were last in - was the house tidy?  I'm feeling a bit brighter today, it's nearly the weekend, funny that!  I have decided to do a lot of exercise over the weekend - I have spoken with my doctor and we have decided that my menopause arthritis is not made better or worse with exercise so I can just work through it.  Good news even though it's painful during the flare ups.  But once I'm through the menopause it should hopefully just disappear.  Fingers crossed. One less thing to worry about.  And now I can really focus on getting rid of the weight I have gained since I quit.  Don't worry Rula I haven't gained any more since I stabilised last week, it's just doesn't seem to want to leave me.

Have a great day being Group Champion!

Sooz :)

youdi

9/4/15

Hi Jojo,

Thanks!!!  My resolve to quit is reaffirmed by reading your post. It has tit-bits of all the important information related to quitting. I have saved it in a notepad and I am going to read it whenever I suffer from a pang.

In reply toRe: msg 38
youdi

9/4/15

Yesterday, after going back to home I kissed and made up with my wife and everything was back to normal.... I was thinking about this entire scenario and realized something... when we were arguing over the phone I felt an urge of significant proportion...  after I hung up,  I told myself, if me being stressed is causing the urge,  " I " am not going to allow anybody including myself to stress me out... I am going to be peaceful and happy no matter how bad things are, be it at work or personal....   I am very happy to lose a fight/argument  with anyone even though I am right, to win my war with nicotine.....

In reply toRe: msg 39
youdi

9/4/15

I am putting  "My Quit" above anything else. This is my only priority in life at this moment.... I am willing to go to any lengths to protect "My Quit".... I am willing to be battered and bruised but not give up.... thumbsup

In reply toRe: msg 40
JoJoMn

9/4/15

Gud morn, peeples.

It has been a busy week in my virtual  home, "where ALL the women are strong, the men are good looking and the children are above average." (Garrison Keillor - Prairie Home Companion).

Had a good sleep last night. Almost 8 hours - a sleepfest! On 1st cuppa (coffee - don't do tea). Birds outside are chirp-chirp-chirping. May stay home - humidity is already 91% and temp headed to 85ºF (68ºF now)- so it will be sticky - thunderboomers likely this afternoon! Fan in place - ice ready - shorts handy in case I need to dress for visitors  (wearing less right now - I know - hard to erase the image when the horror has imprinted itself).

Saw the tracks of festivities last night.  Empty champagne bottles - chip bowls - dip dripping unto the NEW rug - and so many chewed plastic straws you would think this place was a McDonald's! Fortunately my room was intact - and I fell right in. Good to see that some early risers tried (TRIED) to put it all a-right. We'll have to talk about policing duty rotation at our house meeting.

ENJOY YOUR LONG LABOR DAY WEEKEND (for Americans - who celebrate labor by NOT working!).

Going to get my 2nd cuppa - I see ya, Ms. 007Connery - dontcha mess with my coffee!!! These tea baggers!!!

Be back shortly, kiddies. Just stay smokefree and I'll be a happy camper!

Where is ANGELINA?   GET A MAGNIFYING LENS SO YOU CAN READ!!!        MISSING YA!!!

Peace to all,

Jo * ~

~ August Champions 2015 ~ Quit August 1, 2015 ~