About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August Champions 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/15 by ModDee; 325669 views.
In reply toRe: msg 38
youdi

9/4/15

Yesterday, after going back to home I kissed and made up with my wife and everything was back to normal.... I was thinking about this entire scenario and realized something... when we were arguing over the phone I felt an urge of significant proportion...  after I hung up,  I told myself, if me being stressed is causing the urge,  " I " am not going to allow anybody including myself to stress me out... I am going to be peaceful and happy no matter how bad things are, be it at work or personal....   I am very happy to lose a fight/argument  with anyone even though I am right, to win my war with nicotine.....

In reply toRe: msg 39
youdi

9/4/15

I am putting  "My Quit" above anything else. This is my only priority in life at this moment.... I am willing to go to any lengths to protect "My Quit".... I am willing to be battered and bruised but not give up.... thumbsup

In reply toRe: msg 40
JoJoMn

9/4/15

Gud morn, peeples.

It has been a busy week in my virtual  home, "where ALL the women are strong, the men are good looking and the children are above average." (Garrison Keillor - Prairie Home Companion).

Had a good sleep last night. Almost 8 hours - a sleepfest! On 1st cuppa (coffee - don't do tea). Birds outside are chirp-chirp-chirping. May stay home - humidity is already 91% and temp headed to 85ºF (68ºF now)- so it will be sticky - thunderboomers likely this afternoon! Fan in place - ice ready - shorts handy in case I need to dress for visitors  (wearing less right now - I know - hard to erase the image when the horror has imprinted itself).

Saw the tracks of festivities last night.  Empty champagne bottles - chip bowls - dip dripping unto the NEW rug - and so many chewed plastic straws you would think this place was a McDonald's! Fortunately my room was intact - and I fell right in. Good to see that some early risers tried (TRIED) to put it all a-right. We'll have to talk about policing duty rotation at our house meeting.

ENJOY YOUR LONG LABOR DAY WEEKEND (for Americans - who celebrate labor by NOT working!).

Going to get my 2nd cuppa - I see ya, Ms. 007Connery - dontcha mess with my coffee!!! These tea baggers!!!

Be back shortly, kiddies. Just stay smokefree and I'll be a happy camper!

Where is ANGELINA?   GET A MAGNIFYING LENS SO YOU CAN READ!!!        MISSING YA!!!

Peace to all,

Jo * ~

~ August Champions 2015 ~ Quit August 1, 2015 ~

Msg 395.42 deleted
Helen365

9/4/15

Hi Jojo,

Finally found my way here, have selected a nice little corner facing west so I get to see the sun set. Never made it to the party due to family stuff but found a half eaten pkt of crisps and a dribble of flat champagne so raised my glass today instead.

It's never easy being the worst daughter ever but today I am apparently the best mum ever. Just told my son we will pay for his 1st weeks accomodation when he gets to singapore. If I hadn't stopped smoking it would've been harder to make the offer. So woo goo I feel good.

Hels x 

es

Helen365

9/4/15

AMF,

Congratulations on your 1st week. You enjoy celebrating it. Love the dot 

Hels

youdi

9/4/15

Congratulations AMF!! You are doing great, keep going ... thumbsup

JoJoMn

9/4/15

That is fabulous!

I think first week and first month are the bestest feeling accomplishments.  FIRSTS ARE BEST!

Hell Week over - finito!

Protect that quit.

Reward yourself.

ON TO HECK WEEK!

Forward - looking ahead to victory.

Peace,

Jo *

~ Quit August 1, 2015 ~ August Champions 2015~

Sooz007

9/4/15

What a fantastic dot!!! Well done!!!

Sooz :)

slowblumer

9/4/15

Hi Youdi,

Love that dot and caption with the graphics.  I think that how most of feel about the nicodemon.

congrats.