About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August Champions 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/15 by ModDee; 326202 views.
MomandNana

9/5/18

You have been there for us since the beginning Marge, thank you!

Kim

angelina1512

10/21/18

Hello everyone,

i have to apologise for not coming back at our 3 years but my life has been pretty busy. We have built a cafe and it’s going very well in Tasmania. I often think of our buddies and my twin jo whom I still keep in contact with.

i often mention this place to people trying to give up smoking so not sure if you get anyone from where I live.

how fast has 3 years gone. I hope everyone is well and still not smoking.

angelina

slowblumer

10/21/18

Hi Angelina,

Isn't it amazing how quick time goes by after we get through that first year quit.   You sure were a fantastic quit buddy as was Jo and I am so happy you are both still non-smokers.   You August Champions are truly champions of quitting smoking.

Always did love seeing your smiling sunflower.  Keep on shining, Angelina.

ModSue (VentasSue)

10/21/18

Hey Angelina

It's so good to see you back here - I know how busy you've been but it's always wonderful to hear from successful, long-term quitters.

There are still quite a few of your August Champions 2015 group around.  I'll try to give a few of them a shout, telling them you're here.

Hope you're having a great weekend and that the cafe is still going well.

MomandNana

10/23/18

Hey Angelina,

So great to hear from you and so happy you and Jo are still on a smokefree journey. Tell her hello from me next time you catch up. 

Congrats on your cafe!! 

Three years has flown by....we’re already in our 4th!! :-)  Lets continue to keep up the good work!

Take care,

Kim

amfsmokefree

11/26/18

Angelina,

Oh - it is wonderful to hear from you!! I am so glad you're doing well - and congratulations on the cafe! That sounds lovely! Like Kim said, please say hi to Jo for me! So glad youre both still smoke free!! Yes - 3 years has gone faster than I imagined!! I remember when those first few months drug on so slowly because of the junky thinking torturing me. Some days I still can't believe I did it!!

AMF

amfsmokefree

11/26/18

Hi Kim!!

How are you, honey? I am once again busy with work and studying - lol I probably sound like a broken record. 

Oh - our trip to Asia was SO awesome - we went to China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Macau. Going to China, seeing the great wall of China, it was so surreal! Such a cool experience - and now, hubby and I have officially been to all of the Disney parks in the world (we went to Shanghai and Hong Kong parks while in Asia). It's kind of weird because we had been checking those off the past few years, and now that they are done its like where do we go now? LOL We think we want to try and go to all of the 7 wonders of the world. We shall see lol

How are you? How was you and you family's Thanksgiving? Hope it was wonderful!! 

((hugs))

AMF

MomandNana

12/5/18

Hey gurl!!!

Wow! I can’t believe you guys accomplished all the Disney parks already! I’m sure they were magical. 

Seeing the 7 wonders of the world sounds incredible. You should do it!!

Hey....any talk of kiddos yet? ;-)

We had an AWESOME Thanksgiving!! We spent it in GA this year. We had dinner at my sisters house and everything was DELICIOUS! My hubby and I left the night before and drove until four hours left of the trip before stopping at a hotel. Then we finished the drive straight to my sisters. We arrived about 10am. I even got to make my famous stuffing. YUM!!! 

How’s Miss Mia??

I wish you weren’t so busy all of the time but please check in when you can. I miss talking to you.

Hugs and kisses!

Kim

amfsmokefree

1/9/19

Hi Kim!!

Happy New Year!! How was your holiday??

We went to Disney World for Christmas - I had never been ON Christmas Eve/Christmas Day before - it was crowded but my hubby did SUCH a great time with planning all of our reservations, fast passes, etc that we didnt wait for more than 25 minutes for a ride! It was perfect - the whole family went - my parents, mother-in-law, and hubby and I!

Yumm - famous stuffing  - that sounds delicious - I am glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond - between still taking exams, work is so busy (we are seriously understaffed at the moment, so having to step up a lot), and the holidays it has been super busy!!

Hope you're well!

BIG HUGS!!

AMF

MomandNana

2/13/19

Hi Angela!!

I’m not gonna leave much because I know you’re super busy now but wanted to send a big hug!! Not much going on here except trying desperately to lose all the weight I gained. Menopause is a bummer!! :(  I’m trying to start a Keto Diet along with my intermittent fasting but I keep getting a weird dizziness feeling when it’s almost time to eat. I don’t know if my sugar is crashing or what but of course I end up eating something I shouldn't be eating, ugh! Pray I can get this together!!! :)

Talk to you soon!

Kim