About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August Champions 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/15 by ModDee; 325493 views.
MomandNana

9/8/19

Do exactly what you’re doing and you will get there too! It always helped me to pledge every day and participate a lot in mine and others groups. You can do this!!

Kim

kittymom413

9/8/19

You've got this Brenda!! Stay strong in your quit!!! Don't listen to the nico-demon about "just having one" because that's a lie!!

If you ever need us, we are all here for you, even us long time quitters relaxed

Have an amazing smoke-free day,

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

MomandNana

3/21/20

Hi!

With everything going on, I wanted to check in on everyone. I pray you’re all staying safe! Let us know how you’re doing if you can.

Love you all!

p.s. miss you Angela!!

Kim <3

amfsmokefree

Jul-31

Hi Kim!!

Holy Moly its been a while!! Can you believe we are almost in August again - 5 YEARS!!!!! SO AWESOME!!

How are you? Have you guys moved yet? How are the babies? How is your health? I pray covid hasnt impacted you all! My parents got it - but thank GOD they both are recovered and fine - it was basically flu like symptoms - never got worse.

Also guess what - since we spoke last I FINALLY finished all of my exams and I am officially a CPA! Gosh - I think I worked on those forever hahahah I am so glad to be done!

Was thinking about you and wanted to check in! I promise to check back soon :)

-AMF

JoJoMn

Jul-31

Hello, my fellow August Champions.

All is well.

Will be back tomorrow.

Remembering always:

Retreat is not an option.

Upward. Onward. Forward.

TTYS

Jo

kittymom413

Jul-31

Hi there, Jo,

It's so good to see you as I've missed your wit & wisdom. Congratulations on earning your wings tomorrow 

Have a blessed weekend,

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

JoJoMn

Aug-1

Good morning...GOOD DAY....

Happy FIFTH Anniversary to ALL the August Champions!

Just a quick stop at the day's beginning, as I an going out in a few.

Wanted to acknowledge those who helped ALL of us to get to this moment.

First and foremost: our companions in the battle, our brethren the other August Champions. We lost some along the way...and hopefully they will find a new path to being smokefree. [Specially Helen365...]

And this site and the mods. ModDee and ModMarge! Providing a hand and word when we needed a lil (or big) boost.

Personally, I must thank some people specifically for helping me in ways I cannot even comprehend even to this day....

? Angelina...my twin...no words...none for what you meant to me on this journey. 

? Rick342...my rock...

? Steve (Gersheps)...

? Sensational Seniors...Kitty, Susan, Cocoa

? And ALL OF YOU....

One confession: This has been the hardest thing I have ever done and, outside of my daughter, the one that I am most proud of. Sometimes crawling...sometimes almost being carried by you, my comrades in arms...sometimes silly...sometimes really angry.

But one thing (well, two) were dots, stars, keys and wings that inspired and carried me forward for the last FIVE YEARS: (1) your support and belief we could be SMOKEFREE, and (2), more importantly, my Lord.

Thank you. Gracias. Danke schoen. Merci. Grazie.

Upward. Onward. Forward.

Retreat is not an option.

Victory is ours.

Gratefully...

Jo

slowblumer

Aug-1

Hello you August Champions, 2015

JoJo, Angelina , Janet,  Kim, Rula, Helen, Youdi, Angela and Jenn.  Please excuse if I missed anybody, I am very sorry-let me know. 

Huge congratulations on 5 years quit.   You all have sprouted beautiful wings.  

PS -  You guys were such a great in your support for one another.  

--Celebrate this wonderful freedom--

Congratulations to every single August Champions 2015!!!!!

You've all earned your wings!!!!! Nice job of nailing the addiction! You guys will definitely inspire new quitters to just hang in there and take this One Day At A Time like you guys did. You definitely are no sissies!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

kittymom413

Aug-2

Congratulations to all August Warriors for earning your wings! I am so very proud of all of you & I'm also extremely grateful heart My 5 year anniversary will be the end of September & there is no way I would have made it to this point without all of you & so many others  cheering me on.

(((BIG HUGS))) & lots of love coming your way,

Kitty cat