About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February Freedom Fighters 2019   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 78725 views.
SusanK1960

Jan-31

Congratulations on 1 year of not smoking! I am so happy for you!

JEM777

Jan-31

Thank you!!

The clubhouse is SO COOL! I can't wait for everyone to get here! :)

Jem

Smober since 1/31/2019

Denim50

Feb-4

Hey Jem, 

I’m sorry I didn’t get to post this on time, as I’ve been off the forum recently attending to personal matters. I’m four days late but still want to welcome you to the Clubhouse and the 7% Club. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you on a year smoke free! You did it! I hope you had a great day celebrating. Such a amazing accomplishment. Your new key looks great and so deserved. You rock! On to year two.. I wish you the best as you continue moving forward. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.  

Cruz1977

Feb-5

I am here! 1 year quit today! Woot! :) 

SusanK1960

Feb-5

Hi Cruz,

Congratulations on your hard earned triumph over your addiction!  You have beaten the odds and have arrived at the clubhouse!  I am so happy another forum friend is successful!  YAY!

sibby123

Feb-5

Yay for you!!!

i passed my year in January so know what goes into a year quit 

so amazing!!!

Denim50

Feb-6

Hey Cruz, 

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on one year smoke free! Welcome to the Clubhouse! I hope you’re having a great time celebrating your wonderful achievement! You deserve it! This is a amazing milestone and so much to be proud of. You’ve not only helped yourself by staying quit, you’re also inspiring others. YAY YOU! Wishing you the best as you continue on your smoke free journey. Have a wonderful day.  

• Edited February 6, 2020 3:43 am  by  Denim50
Cruz1977

Feb-6

Thank you, Susan! It feels great! :)

Cruz1977

Feb-6

Thank you Denim! Now I just have to figure out how to treat myself. I don't want to just gloss over it. Maybe I'll take a day off of work. :)

And yes, I hope I can inspire others to at least understand that the biggest hurdle for me was just getting past the thought of quitting. It may seem daunting but it is very do-able. I feared starting to try to quit. Once I built momentum it really was hard to start smoking again. I have built a foundation for a new house now and I won't let anything ruin it.