About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 91375 views.
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Oct-21

Love your stars Asad. And congratulations having all that time up.

Viv

Quit 24 Aug 2019

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-22

Thank you, Asad.  Good to know it keeps improving.  

cmw0822

Oct-24

Good evening Asad.  You have  a wonderful memory.. thank you very much for thinking of me.   Have made it to 7 months and I am gladI have. I have been thinking of the holidays coming up and not smoking will make them much less stressful than last year. NOPE is still working for me!! I pray you stay smober Asad. Thank you again.  

• Edited October 24, 2019 5:47 pm  by  cmw0822
cmw0822

Oct-24

Hi Denim..awww. you are very sweet to remember me and # 7.. thank you.Im  sorry I have not been on lately..its been one crisis after another the last month in my family so online was rarely an option. I'm very glad you are strong and smober..I feel you will make the long haul Denim. I had a couple thoughts of relapse but did not because I refuse to sacrifice all that work! Holidays will be less stress without nicotine for sure. Please take a LOT of pride in what you have done because you will reap the results for life.  Many hugs and lots of appreciation for remembering me :) Cheryl  NOPE!!! 

Jan2185

Oct-26

Hi all March 2019 quitters - 7 months feels grand doesn't it?  I was sitting here this morning thinking that smoking no longer dominates my thoughts and I never thought I would say that!!  I still get cravings now and then when I least expect them but I now know it would be the worst thing I could do to light up.  i only hope I can keep that frame of mind

Well done to all March 2019 quitters - we have completed a massive feat by reaching this level

Jan sunflower

AsadAKhan

Oct-28

Hello,

For sure 7 months is a big milestone. I don't feel that I will have any reason to go back to smoking but I am not sure of unknown which makes me worry at sometime. What I understand is that we need to make some effort to stop thinking about cigarette by getting engaged into something else.

I am feeling much better after 5 month onward and major reason is that I think smoking is past thing and I need to focus on something else and these days trying to lose excess weight which I have pre and post quit. This thing is working for me and I hope it will stay like this.

Regards,

Asad

20-Mar-2019

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Oct-29

Asad   You are an inspiration

AWESOME JOB ASAD!!!!!!

7 Full Months -- YOU ARE NAILING THIS!!! Be very very proud of your monumental achievement as this is one wicked drug addiction to kick. Remember don't worry about the weight right now as Year 1 is for getting solidly quit and Year 2 is for losing the weight and getting healthy. I know that too many people relapse if they try to do both at the same time so keep your focus on staying quit first and foremost. 

Onto month 8 for you. 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

AsadAKhan

Oct-30

Hello,

I have question for all. Due to weather changes I have a cold. Although it is not something new but it is the first time after the quit that I am suffering through it.

I have feeling that this cold is much more severe than what I used to get when I was smoker and it has been 4-5 days and one single sneeze is making me really sick with watery eyes etc.

Regards,

Asad

Quit Date: 20-March-2019

It's flu season so perhaps you've got it. Get lots of rest, fluids, vitaminC and stay warm. I'm getting the flu shot so I don't get the flu which can last for three or more weeks. See you doctor if things get worse.

Quitting smoking is the best thing you could ever do as your body will bounce back faster as a quitter. Hang in there.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013