About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 134870 views.
AsadAKhan

11/25/19

Hi Elaine,

How are you doing now? I hope you are feeling better. I know it is not easy. I think it is all due to smoking and not due to surgery. Just stick with it and you will be fine.

Regards,

Asad

Lainie (elaineadele)

11/25/19

Thanks Asad

nothing has changed Still low with unclear thinking.  Don’t know what to do from here.    Almost at 3 months,   Waiting for some kind of breakthrough.

Thinking of Thanksgiving makes me wonder how I’m going to pull  it off in front of my family, feeling this way.

Lainie

AsadAKhan

11/25/19

Hi,

This is what the icky 3 is. As mentioned earlier , I was going through the same thoughts as well around the same time. The thought process was very negative at the time that it has been so many days and still I am not feeling good and this will stay like this forever. How will I spend rest of life and it is miserable than when I was smoking and blah blah.

Trust in process. You have gone through the hardest of the part i.e. first 3 days and than first 3 weeks. Stay on course and you will see a lot of improvement in coming days. Going back to smoking will mean you have to start from the scratch when you want to try quit again and all these days will be repeated.

Regards,

Asad Khan

Jan2185

12/3/19

Well here I am again - it doesn't seem a month since I posted my 8 stars but today I celebrate 9 months being smoke free.  It is definitely getting easier as this anniversary has crept up on me - at the start I kept counting days to when I would notch up another month.  I still miss it but now fully appreciate the benefits of being a non-smoker.. for health reasons right down to not having to sneak around so no one sees you.  I am actually looking forward to my first Christmas not spending the day wishing I could have a smoke (as you may remember I was a secret smoker so days like Christmas Day were always very difficult).

So 9 months it is smilegrinninggrin

Jan sunflower

l1717mary

12/3/19

To Jan

Well done love the way you are starting to feel the benefits . I think we will all still miss it but it can only get better as we  go I am happy to not be smoking but still have that feeling off something missing but that OK I am stronger than nick so happy to stay quit. Love all your happy faces.

Mary 

Jan2185

12/3/19

Thank you Mary smiley ..  Happy days grin

Jan sunflower

• Edited December 3, 2019 5:49 am  by  Jan2185

Congratulations Jan! 3/4 to the clubhouse! You are definitely no Sissy you've shown that nicotine monster that smoking is no longer an option for you. Stay strong like a soldier and stay on guard to thwart those few out of nowhere craves that try to lure you back. Nice NOPING!! Onto month 10.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Brenda (1sept19)

12/3/19

Congratulations Jan.  9 months is awesome. 

Jan2185

12/3/19

Thank you Brenda grinning

Jan sunflower