About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 184344 views.
Jan2185

12/3/20

Well its been a while since we all posted in here but I thought I would add one today as its 1 year 9 months ago that I had my last smoke.

There are times that I do think about it, especially through the last  lockdown which ended into tier 2 yesterday, but I don't get that urge to light up like I have had before.  I hope my fellow quitters are doing ok and it would be lovely to hear from you :)

I hope you all, and everyone who reads this, have a very merry and healthy Christmas and that we can  look forward to a new year which will bring much happiness, freedom and love to our fellow "man"

Take care everyone

Jan sunflower

AsadAKhan

1/1/21

Hi,

Happy new year to you as well. Hope this year bring lot of happiness and good health for you.

Regards,

Asad

Jan2185

1/2/21

Thank you Denim and a Happy New Year to you too :)..... 

Hope we are all still on track - it will be 1 year 9 months for me tomorrow.. deep down I still cant believe that I have actually quit and it all seems so long ago now but I am glad I did 

Take good care 

Jan sunflower

cmw0822

1/2/21

Happy 2021 Denim! How thoughtful it is of you to think of us   ! I know in my heart if ANY of us made ìt thru 2020 COVID and didn't smoke,  then nothing can phase us. I made it with no relapse.. instead I gained 20 pds and now that'll be my new focus for 2021. I pray that you and your family made it without losing any loved ones.  We had family get it, but they survived.  We were blessed indeed. May Our Lord fill your year  with His grace, Denim! Keep your body safe and your smober vow SOLID ! lots of hugs and prayers, Cheryl heartpulsepray

cmw0822

1/2/21

Hey Jan..I am very proud of you..heading for the big 2 year anniversary! Mine is 3.17.21.. like I told Denim, if any of us stayed smober thru COVID, then nothing can phase us. When I think of the extra danger smokers are facing in this pandemic,  it gives me chills. We quit just in time muscle to build up some resistance to the nicodeamon before the virus hit us a year ago.  I am so glad we did.  May this year be a blessing to you and yours! Stay strong Jan! grinning

cmw0822

1/2/21

Greetings Asad! Glad to see this new year finds you well and smober!  If we made it through COVID, then we have this staying smoke-free under control.  I hit 2 years this March.. seems forever ago since I started that journey.   I pray you stay healthy and safe and Our Lord keeps you in His Grace! Stay healthy Asad!! 

Jan2185

1/2/21

Bless you Cheryl... thank you for your kind words.  I often think of you and Asad as we all quit around the same time so pop back here now and then to see if either of you have posted.  So pleased to hear from you today :)

Covid has been , and still is, very hard for my husband and I.  He had a heart transplant 3 years ago so we havn't really had proper contact with our family for nearly a year now.  I think our only way out of this is the vaccine so am hoping by summer we may be able to cuddle the grandkiddies again :)

I am glad to hear you are well and wish you health and happiness for 2021 

Take good care

Jan sunflower

cmw0822

1/2/21

Hi Jan..I am glad you have kept smober, especially with this vicious virus. Yes indeed, dreams of actually hugging and loving on our kids and grandkids keeps us going. My daughter is 41 and I  see her maybe 2x a month but we stay way apart ... wow,  its tough. I shall pray you and your husband stay safe and may Our Lord guard you every day!  I'll check in once in a while to see how our little group is holding on relaxed. NOPE!!!!