About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 175900 views.

Keep me posted Paula, it's quite commonly used here.

Kind regards

Anthony

I cant remember Overdoz, but in October I went 47 days without a smoke using Chantix, this time I am going Cold Turkey, so far so good. Sometimes I get depressed and then think  I need a pick me up, delusional thinking I know, I know that one puff spells disaster for me and is just a link to an ever spiraling addiction. So I will keep clear of those cig sticks.

Kind regards

Anthony

PS Your doing well.

Nope62

3/2/19

HI!

I remember you from the January group and I am very happy for you! I was in that group,then the February group, and now the March group. I am thinking about trying patches and I was wondering how much trouble you have had stepping down, or getting off the patches. 

Take Care! Jeff

overdoz

3/2/19

Im doing ok, i can understand depression and needing a pick me up with a cig. I was talking with my friend Amy and she told me she would go and buy her Dad Benson and Hedges 100's Gold on Rush street in chicago when she was 5. It was a romantic story, it made me romanticize the cigarette, I was thinking how glamorous it may have been to sit back and smoke a cigarette in downtown chicago in the summer or any season for that matter. I know i have to not think this way

Overdoz quit 10-13-2018

JEM777

3/3/19

I love fortnightly since bi-weekly could mean twice a week or every other week.

Rassister

3/3/19

Hey Anthony,

excited to hear you are busy with recertification.  That sure will kill some time and take your mind off the cigarettes.   Like I said, I had no idea that kangaroos had that temperament.  I really enjoyed learning more about them with my students.  We also explored Australia and New Zealand using Google Maps.   I don’t know that I will ever be able to explore that corner of the world but it sure does look amazing.  Ok sir, another day down.  Stay focused and don’t smoke no matter what happens today.  It is not worth it.  Yes, Suzy is still singing and I have started doing the twist to start losing some weight. We have a new group coming in to the clubhouse in 6 days.  Very exciting. 

Rassister

3/3/19

I used patches to take the edge off the initial cravings.  Take them off at night to avoid the dreams.   I must tell you that they are extremely helpful but you must get your mindset in place.  Make the decision to not smoke no matter what happens and you can beat this addiction.  It is a journey, not a race. The people on this forum are your support system.   Make up your mind that you can and will do this.  I do recommend the patches and the step down is nothing compared to the first weeks and months.  Good luck. 

Paula266

3/3/19

Hi. I remember you also. Great to see you here. I only had trouble weaning off the patch when, I decided after 2 weeks of the 14mgs, I was ready for the 7mg. Well after 3 hours I took it off and put the 14 back on. I just got in a hurry, they come with directions. I have seen post where some people even extended the amount of time according to the directions. I still believe everyones body is designed differently and therefore what works for one may not work for someone else. I did not have trouble stopping the patch after I did 2 more weeks of 14mg and about 2 weeks of the 7mg.  I still have craves, but the patches help me to build quit muscles and buy time to get my head full of info and distractions, so I can better deal with the craves. Im 62 days quit now. I hope you are doing well.  Thanks for checking with me.  This forum helped me quit and continues to support me, to protect my quit. And everything Marilyn said. Love her peace key.

• Edited March 3, 2019 11:50 am  by  Paula266
Paula266

3/3/19

Me too. I haven't got to use the word yet. But Im going too. I know people who get paid fortnightly. Lol. I will use it on one of them. It will be intetesting as I can say not only did I quit smoking, I've learned alot of new things and even discovered alot of stuff about myself, that I didn't notice before.   I can't post my 2 stars right now the emoji thingy is not working for me. So.  STAR STAR.        NOPE for me.

lizwilfred

3/3/19

Hey!

Just having a mooch round the forum! 

Bloody good to see you back! Missed being miffed at your weather!

Stay close and let me know how you’re getting on. 

Liz x