About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 189265 views.

Hi Robin,

It's a struggle cold turkey but I want all the nicotine out of my system and my little quit aid tells me there is no nicotine in my body now.

I can't put Allan down a great book, saved my skin.

must go

Kind regards

Anthony

Hi Drena,

Thanks I might just do that, you have a month or two behind you then, well done I am in my third day doing it cold turkey this time

Take care, good luck with your quit, see you

Kind regards

Anthony

Thanks Wuffie

Thanks for remembering me, yes I'm back again battling the demon, something got to stick after all these quit attempts

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Good luck on your journey to freedom

Kind regards

Anthony

Thanks Gable,

Yes you have had a rough time, I lost my mother in 2017, Dad's in a nursing home not to far away, so we are all mortal, like you say who is going to look after Mr Bones when things go that way...

Maybe the TIA was a wake up call to start looking after yourself, you deserve it, we all do when we get to this age.

Keep on keeping on Gable

Good luck on your journey

Kind regards

Anthony

lizwilfred

3/4/19

I’m about to be three months on Wednesday! No going back!

I keep the December group open on my phone but only post there occasionally, I claimed squatters rights in the January group, that’s where I head most.

I’ll keep an eye on March now I know you’re there. 

Stay in touch 

Liz x

In reply toRe: msg 63
lizwilfred

3/4/19

P.S 

Allen Carr audio book is great. I still listen to a bit of it each day. A reminder

KatieKat84

3/4/19

Hi Anthony,

I just logged on here for the first time in a while, I think we were in the same quit buddies group in March 2017? So glad to see you are fighting on!

Really wanted to wish you all the best that this quit will stick. 

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

DJ (gable99)

3/4/19

Good morning Anthony.  Guess God figured I didn't 'do the right thing' after the TIA so this time he put infected sinuses in the mix lol.  Like I say, God likes a good joke.  But this time He has given me the smarts to KEEP from going back to smoking.

NOPE, not doing it today!

Hi Katie

Congratulations on your 2 Year Anniversary. Way to go!

I remember our  posts way back then are you still into the swimming? I am still walking though I have slowed down a bit.

Great to see you have kept up your quit, what a role model you are

May your next year be smooth sailing

Kind regards

Anthony

Thanks Liz

Wow three months almost, well done.

Wednesday must remember

Take care

Anthony