About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 197330 views.
slowblumer

3/4/19

Hi Dj,

There are several quit meters out there.  You enter your quit date, how much money each pack cost and how many cig you smoked in one day.  According to my silk quit meter, I have saved over $9000 and have not smoked over thousands of cigarettes.   Amazing.

DJ (gable99)

3/4/19

Thank you for the information.  My point was they won't load on my smart phone.  I have installed a few of them (one at a time, days apart) but they never make it to my phone.  I have no problem installing other apps.

spartanfan

3/4/19

DJ, have you tried the Smoke Free app?  That's the one I'm using and I think a few others here are as well.  

Julie

star2x3

DJ (gable99)

3/4/19

It says it is already installed on my phone, but I can't find it anywhere.  Strange, I have no problem loading other apps, but these just won't show up.

spartanfan

3/4/19

So odd! I hope it will magically show up one day!

Paula266

3/4/19

Do you have 2 home pages. I didnt know I did till about a month after I had my phone. A friend finally pointed it out to me. There should be an icon for the app some where. Check under setting then apps see if it is listed there.

Rassister

3/4/19

Hey Anthony,

I am so happy you are busy taking that class. My class and I were discussing the exotic birds in New Zealand today.  It’s rather funny because my class is for students who have significant cognitive delays. One of my students is fascinated by exotic birds.  His goal in life is to study “cool birds in New Zealand”.  This neat  young man frequently gets me distracted and instead of learning how to read, we are exploring jungles and tropical hot spots “down under”.  They do a great job of “distracting” me!   I hope this message distracted you for a few minutes and kept you Smoke free.  Tomorrow is another day. You’ve got this. Believe it 

Rassister

3/4/19

You are doing great Drena!   One more day closer to peace and freedom.  Stay on here and keep on posting.  I’m happy you are in the January Braveheart group!   It makes all the difference in the world to have a great group that supports each other.  I am a March Warrior but we hung out with The February Musquiteers and some May,June and July quitters.  It was awesome.   You are through the most awful days but you have a long way to go on your journey.   Keep going forward, don’t go back.   Thanks for the compliment on my key.  Denim designed it.  I love it as well. Will catch up with you soon. 

DJ (gable99)

3/4/19

One home page,,,,and no apps downloaded in months.  It should be there but its not.  Says it is installed.

Paula266

3/4/19

Do You have play store on your phone. If so try to download quit tracker. Thats a cool app. It should automatically put an icon on you phone.