About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 47608 views.
Denim50

12/1/19

Hey Turtles, 

Congratulations on EIGHT months smoke free!  That’s awesome and moving closer and closer to the first smoke free year. So happy for you! Hope you had a great day today! You deserve it. Keep going, keep staying strong. Four months to the Clubhouse for you and that one year milestone. YAY YOU!  

Denim50

12/4/19

Hey Amicahomi, 

Congratulations on reaching EIGHT months smoke free yesterday! I hope you had a great time celebrating you wonderful achievement. It’s terrific to see how awesome you’re doing and staying close to the forum. Only four months to the Clubhouse and that one year milestone. You’re doing amazing and will be 3/4 of the way there next month. That’s a awesome accomplishment and so much to be proud of. I hope while you were celebrating you treated yourself to something special. You deserve it. Stay strong and best wishes to you as you continue forward with your quit. Have a great day.  

Amicahomi

12/4/19

Thanks, Denim.  You're like that friend or relative (if one is lucky enough to have one) who never forgets a birthday .  Such helpful words and generous spirit.  I do appreciate you.

Denim50

12/6/19

Hey Amicahomi, 

I’m so grateful for your kind message. It truly means so much to me. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!  I appreciate you too and am glad you’re here on this journey (roller coaster, lol) with us. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs.  

Edit was a punctuation correction. 

• Edited December 6, 2019 6:03 pm  by  Denim50
turtles

12/9/19

I did not see this until today, thank you so much for noticing!!  This post put a great big smile on me!!   It feels sooo good to be a non smoker...the occasional angsty day I’m glad I quit cold turkey as it reminds me I never want to go back there.

Denim50

12/25/19

Hey Turtles, 

Thanks so much for your message. I appreciate hearing from you. I’m glad to hear how good you’re doing with it. It’s great to see you continuing to post too. It’s wonderful to see you supporting others also. Thank you. I’m so glad you’re here with us. 

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I left after posting a little on the ninth. This month was a bit hectic. We had made plans to travel this month and to visit with a family friend. We got back and I’ve been sick for three days so far. I’m trying my best to wish everyone happy holidays but as you see it’s getting late. I’ve been most of the day trying to do it but I keep having to post and stop and post again because of how I’m feeling. Ugh. I’m SO sick.

I hope you’re doing good and that you’ve been enjoying a wonderful Christmas. I hope you have a happy, healthy, and great New Year too. New Year’s Day you’ll be 3/4 of the way to your one year milestone. Double reason to celebrate. So happy for you! 

Hugs and best wishes.  

In reply toRe: msg 320
Denim50

12/25/19

Hey April 2019 group, 

Congratulations on having reached 8 months smoke free this December! Soon you’ll be celebrating nine months and that 3/4 milestone toward reaching the Clubhouse and your first year smoke free anniversary. That’s amazing!  I’m so happy for you and I’m looking forward to your celebrations. You’re doing great!  

I wish you happy holidays and best wishes for a happy, healthy, and wonderful New Year!  

Denim50

1/1/20

Hey Turtles, 

Happy New Year and huge congratulations on nine months smoke free! You did it! 3/4 of the way to the Clubhouse and you’re starting a New Year smoke free! So amazing! You rock! I hope you’ve been having a great day celebrating the New Year, and your awesome achievement! You deserve it! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead. Happy 2020! Hugs.  

Denim50

1/2/20

Happy New Year! Wishing you a wonderful 2020! Hugs.  

AsadAKhan

1/2/20

Hi,

Congratulations on 9 months. Great work and hopefully we will reach the club house together.

Regards,

Asad