About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 49557 views.
Lainie (elaineadele)

12/9/19

Hope I get to where you are soon.  Did you take any anti depressants?

June2019

12/9/19

edit - sorry! - i thought this question was to me - i often get confused trying to find the 'forum msg to me' when the message indicator light is on confused

No, Laine, I did this cold turkey. 

If you are on anti-depressents, I expect the doctor should be able to adjust the meds. After all, they are for mood, right? If your mood isn't right, I suggest bugging the doc for a new prescription - just my 2 cents.

Trying to re-focus on what is going well in life helped me through tough patches. I beat myself up alot along the way, but i think it all comes down to the mind-set, attitude, and perspective.

Wishing you peace of mind, sweet Laine-

• Edited December 9, 2019 12:25 pm  by  June2019
Lainie (elaineadele)

12/9/19

When did you start to feel normal?

June2019

12/9/19

Holding a cigarette and disappearing into a cloud of smoke was part of my persona for so long, I can't say what 'normal' is. I am re-defining myself. Smoking was what i did to suppress bad feelings and celebrate good ones. I couldn't even look at the Jokes tab on this forum for nearly 2 months without instinctively wanting to take a drag when something hit me funny. I've had to learn to either effectively communicate negative feelings (this is HARD!!!) or walk away from certain people and situations.

Sorry I can't answer this question more succinctly - my old 'normal' may have appeared better to others, but she was not a happy, healthy person. I'm still a work in process.

Brenda (1sept19)

12/10/19

Couldn't have said it better, June !!  

In reply toRe: msg 325
Denim50

12/25/19

Hey June ‘19 group, 

Congratulations on having reached six months smoke free this December. Yay you!  

I wish all of you happy holidays and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year! Hugs. 

SusanK1960

Jan-17

Hey June,

I haven’t seen you on here as much, probably cause you are in your 8th month of not smoking, however, I want you to know I miss your wittiness!  I sure enjoyed our brief banter on the forum before the holidays.

June2019

Jan-18

Hey Susan!

I do poke in daily, make occasional pledges & read posts. I didn't get notification of this comment even though addressed to meunamused  just when I thought I got how Delphi works, turns out I don't.  I'll take that wittiness compliment, though relaxed

How are you doing now that you're in month 4? Your October group  seems pretty tight & I've seen you cheerleading a lot of folks on  - that good karma will come back to you! things are going ok with me. not craving nicotine and trying to develop new habits. Work will be busy the next few months, but i'll still find time to waste on the internet at night.stuck_out_tongue