About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 69535 views.

Thanks Marge,

The Bupropion is very good I have had only the faintest of cravings so far. If I can not get supplies then I will go back to the Doc. see what he suggests.

Kind regards

Anthony

Owen0318

6/13/19

hello Anthony, glad to see you back, I guess I will be posting here on the June quitters page because the May one seems to have no activity, stay strong lets beat this addiction for good !    

Middle of the year everybody's on holidays Owen. Stay strong indeed, I must stay strong to beat this innocuous weed. 2 days almost up, looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight.

In reply toRe: msg 76
Frank (Azriel57)

6/13/19

Good morning!

How is everyone doing today? June is just about half way over, can you believe it?

Anyway I wanted to just say had a bit of a rough morning today. Woke up to that crazy insane morning smoke craving. Had what I thought was a panic attack, but now believe it was just a physical response to "needing" a cigarette. I went down let the dogs out and played a game on my phone while my body begged for a smoke. I made it, the start of day six for me. I don't get heavy cravings often but this morning was an exception.

I hope all of you are continuing to fight the good fight. I want to see us all celebrating our one month together and many others after that. I will tell you doing the daily NOPE pledge helps me to stay focused, if you aren't doing it, consider giving it a try.

Good luck to everyone getting through whatever day you are on!! YOU CAN DO IT (worse Rob Schneider impression).  :)

theboi123

6/13/19

Thanks for the welcome, Azriel and Marge, pleasure to meet you guys. 

Day 3 now and I have been getting a lot of splitting headaches, all part of the quitting process!

Ive been eating a hell lot of fruits too. Mostly apples and grapes, really helps a lot. 

Frank (Azriel57)

6/13/19

Good job! Frozen grapes are my favorite especially on a hot summer day lol.

Keep up the good work, Boi!

slowblumer

6/13/19

Good Morning,

Yes, it sure is part of the process.  Day 3 can be a bear.   Take it one day at a time and you will get there.

The fruits do help.  here is an article with more suggestions.

suemegan

6/14/19

I am on day 7 of my quit! Thanks for all the support and encouragement...

Frank (Azriel57)

6/14/19

Morning all,

Today is day 7!! Made it through the first week! I hope everyone is doing well and still fighting!

wannaquit123

6/14/19

Thank you for this forum

i am not sure how long I will need it but I figure I try it 

I had quit smoking three years ago, for a year, I made a promise to God and bargained with him, my promise was to stop smoking for a year and then God would give me something I really wanted 

I did not smoked for a year as I am a faithful person, but after the year, I did not get what I was praying for , so stupid me, I was angry and I decided to smoke again 

yes, I know that was dumb 

now fast forward another attempt 

this time , I realize that God will give me strength but I should have never bargain with him, so I decided to quit, now I decided to quit because I hate the smell, and I keep telling my sister and others NOT to smoke, I would hide from them and they never saw me smoking 

so I realized that I was not honest and this time I cold turkey stopped 

it has been two weeks 

and It is hard but I am proud and happy that this time is for the right reasons 

health and to be honest and good role models