About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 84358 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/11/19

Michaela,

Don't worry about tomorrow or next year, stay right here in today.  I know today can suck sometimes, try to remember that you are healing each sucky day and each sucky day gives you the right to be extra special to yourself.  Do something really good for yourself today.  You deserve it !  blush It will get better !!

Brenda (1sept19)

10/11/19

Quote for the day :

I would rather be an x-smoker who occasionally thinks about a smoke, than a smoker who constantly thinks about quitting. 

Ssoshwifty22

10/11/19

Hey everyone, its day 43 and I'm still smoke free. Work has been mentally exhausting and physically because im working 6 days a week usually but I'm so glad I'm not a slave to the nicotine anymore. It's really been quite enjoyable hanging with nonsmokers and doing things I normally didn't have the time to do on breaks. The cravings are still there but when I pass the smoking area at work I know I'll never go back. They are all sitting on the curb in a tiny rectangle allotted to them and it quite honestly looks sad and unappealing to sit there!! Progress. Hope everyone is staying positive and fighting the good fight. Cheers.

Shauna 08/29/2019

Brenda (1sept19)

10/11/19

Ssoshwifty22 said:

The cravings are still there but when I pass the smoking area at work I know I'll never go back.

That is wonderful, Shauna.  It feels good to be finally getting free.  So glad to hear you are doing well.  

MichaelaOana

10/12/19

I am glad you are ok, Shauna.

MichaelaOana

10/12/19

Brenda (1sept19) said:

It will get better !!

I hope so. In the morning is hard. In the evening too. I want to sleep a lot. But also I have a lot to do, to help my kids to make the homework.

Somehow this quit is different. I do not have the constant thought of just one puff. Actually I do not want to smoke. I know deep in my mind I dont want to smoke, not one puff, not nothing.

The constant feeling of missing something is the problem. But many on this forum say will end this period one day so I live my days hopping.

l1717mary

10/12/19

Hi Michael

I know how you feel I am still waiting for that moment. For the past 18 years I have tried to quit the longest  was 3 months just when things were getting better. With this quit I just told myself to just stop for the day and here I am today 11 months quit. The key for me was just take it one day at a time I still feel that I am lost but one day I will get there ( FREEDOM ).Give your self a tap on the back you are getting there one day like me. I hope you give yourself a little treat it will cheer you up.

Mary 11 months

MichaelaOana

10/12/19

Mary, thanks for stopping by and for you kind words. There is not much and you will be one year smoke free. What an achievement! I wish so bad to be like you. But as you said...The key is just to take it one day at a time.

Hugs.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/12/19

Glad you liked it, Viv.  How is everything going for you ?