About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 87586 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/12/19

A quote from ModDee :  It's tempting to want to speed up the process. If possible during those times try to remember it's more than just quitting smoking; try to enjoy the beauty in the journey.  You are changing your life in so many ways, ways in which you might not be aware of. Try to enjoy becoming the new you and celebrate each little success of moving farther away from the addiction. The cessation journey to permanent freedom is so empowering that it flows over into all areas of your life. If we let it, it can It affect us in a positive way physically, emotionally, and spiritually. 

slowblumer

10/12/19

MichaelaOana said:

The constant feeling of missing something is the problem.

Hi Michaela,

That was the hardest part of my quit too; that missing in the morning and at night especially.  Sometimes it felt like it would never get better but it did and will get  much much better for you in time.  Here is a blurb from article below:

"Think for a moment of your life as a tightly woven piece of fabric. Each thread represents your life events and experiences, and running alongside the many "life" threads are threads of a finer gauge. They are so fine in fact, they're impossible to see with the naked eye.

Those threads are the associations you have between smoking and all of your life threads. Over time, they've become so thoroughly interwoven in the fabric of your life, you find you can't do anything without thinking about how smoking will fit into it".

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/12/19

How things are going?       i never want to see another cigarette.

Lol

Brenda (1sept19)

10/13/19

I so get it, Viv, never want to do this again and never want to smoke again.  Let's keep moving forward, one step at a time.  Are you looking forward to summer ?

Brenda (1sept19)

10/13/19

Lots of wisdom from those before us . How you doing, Meredith ?

Brenda (1sept19)

10/13/19

Quote for today :

If I have just one I will be right back where I started; and where I started was desperately wishing I could be where I am today".

Hope everyone is having a peaceful weekend.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/13/19

Hope you are having a good weekend, Linda.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/13/19

How is life treating you ? 

Meredith (GettinFree)

10/13/19

Brilliant timing, Brenda. Left to my own devices, I would've conveniently forgotten to check in at all today because I smoked last night -- just one of my herbals of course, but still. 

No, of course it wasn't worth it. I did it because -- well of course really because of the brain patterns, but justified it with wanting to cough up a bit more gunk, since all coughing stopped pretty much the second I stopped inhaling burning plants. I was disappointed because I really thought I could/was going to get rid of some of the mucus caking my lungs. So I tried the mullein and coltsfoot as a tea, and no coughing. So I smoked it, and still nothing, and I did something silly and it was all for naught except having a clogged nose this morning...which so doesn't count. ;p