About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41161 views.
MichaelaOana

Oct-17

Today is hard. I am off nicorette gum and I feel  out of my body.  I slept hours and hours. I am afraid of what will be in the future, what if I will fail as I did last time. Lots of worries!

8 hours  free of nicorette gum.

one month and one week smoke free.

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-17

I am doing good.  Seems each week that goes by I feel a little more comfortable with myself.  I have only occasional thoughts of smoking each day, but they are quickly gone. I really think my change in attitude has made a huge difference in this quit.  Still a work in progress, but I am enjoying the journey.  Today I passed over 100 miles on my bike odometer, unbelievable !  I have not smoked 1838 cigs,  I am 1 month 2weeks plus free and saved $367.63.  When did I ever have the time to smoke all those and where did I get the money ?  confused  Anyway, trying to keep it positive.  How about you, how are you doing ? 

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-17

MichaelaOana said:

I am afraid of what will be in the future, what if I will fail as I did last time. Lots of worries!

Stay in the day, Michaela, Just today. You are now withdrawing from the gum and will have some days that feel wonky and hard, but I know you are tough and can handle it.  Think how good you will feel when all the nicotine is out of your system and you are free from this addiction.  Junkie thinking is telling you that you will fail, but you won't , as long as you don't smoke.  If you need to be really good to yourself and pamper yourself for a bit, then do it.  You are worth every bit of work and struggle you put into it to be free. There is freedom, we just have to keep going that way. heart_eyes 

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-17

Quote for the day : 

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it.

Remember this :

MichaelaOana

Oct-17

Brenda, I will do my best in this fight. Thanks a lot for being here  when I am in trouble. I do appreciate!

Ovivi

Oct-17

It’s amazing, those stats and how quickly things add up! I’m so happy for you that you are feeling better and stronger with each week.
I am feeling that way too. I think I’ve accepted that smoking is a thing of the past, and I’m enjoying feeling stronger and it’s nice to hold my head up again. Funny how we could live with all the baggage of smoking for sooo long and not see the harm it does emotionally as well as physically!
Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-17

You are so worth it, Michaela.  We ALL are !  Kiss Pepa, put on some Al Green and dance, take a bubble bath, eat chocolate, go for a walk, do anything but smoke.  Be easy on yourself for a few days .  You can do this. We are all with you !! 

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-17

Ovivi said:

Funny how we could live with all the baggage of smoking for sooo long and not see the harm it does emotionally as well as physically!

Sometimes I feel like I am just waking up or seeing life clearly for the first time in 46 years.  It truly is amazing....

MichaelaOana

Oct-17

Brenda, I could not stop the nicorette gum today. I bought another pack because I was too afraid of that  junkie thoughts.  I do not know what I shall do.

I was elected to attend a congress in Athens and I have emotions and I am stressed like hell.

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-18

That's okay, Michaela.  Maybe you will be able to quit the gum later, when you feel stronger.  Take it one day at a time, take on only what you feel you can handle.  We are doing something huge, we should be proud of ourselves but we are also human and not every day is a rose garden. Remember that through all of life's ups and downs, YOU have got through them, not the ciggy, but YOU. And YOU will do it again, minus the smoke. You will do awesome in Athens, I have faith in you.