About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 86726 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/22/19

You are almost at 2 months, Viv.  Anything special you plan to do for yourself to celebrate ?   Keep up the great work, Viv.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/22/19

Ovivi said:

I won’t lie, it’s been challenging for me the last few days! The junkie thinking came back, just when I thought I’d gotten over it.

The junkie can be a really sneaky little pest, can't he ?  I notice certain things I do really set him off.  I used to smoke before, during and after EVERYTHING, so this is all new for me, too. What does one do when they are done with something ?  That is the question for me.  Definitely learning as I go.  Maybe I will take up yodeling ! blush 

Brenda (1sept19)

10/22/19

I googled it, I had never heard of it.  I will have to check it out.  Good for you, getting all productive and stuff.  I have moments of doing stuff, but never know what to do when I am done. wink Still working some of this out. 

Meredith (GettinFree)

10/22/19

Yeah, I'm still mostly there too...and today, right back into the slacker hole. Grrrrr. Have yet to do any work. As for what I do after....I'm not standing dumbstruck in my kitchen anymore, but I still have to think real hard about it.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/22/19

So cute , Meredith.  The dumbstruck pose.....Yep, been there.   

lindnog

10/22/19

Hi Owen yes I’m doing well thanks and feeling strong with my quit. My husband & son are both still smoking and I still can’t believe how terrible they smell when they come back inside after having a cigarette. Maybe that’s what’s keeping me strong!!

I hope you are feeling good

Linda

lindnog

10/22/19

Hi Brenda

it was good to see my sister, she lives in another country and has had some health problems recently, so it was good to see and spend time together. Brenda, she told me how lovely I smell 

Next week it is half term at school and I have a week’s holiday from work. I have quite a few things planned which will coincide with my 2 month mark. One treat is that I have booked an appointment to get my nails professionally painted. Have you heard of gelish nails where a led light dries/sets the varnish and they last for a good few weeks? 
It’s also nearly your 2 month mark too!! Do you have any plans to treat yourself? 
Keep smiling Brenda, you’re smashing this x as nd you smell amazing!!

Linda

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/22/19

We are having a family reunion in Brisbane and i won't be smoking. Yay

Viv

SenseiShido

10/23/19

December 10th here :)

Brenda (1sept19)

10/23/19

Some time off and getting your nails done, that sounds fabulous.  I am still thinking what I want to do, have considered a pedicure or facial.  Getting the nails done sounds terrific.   Decisions, Decisions !  So sweet your sister told you that you smell lovely and i am sure you do. Hope her health problems of late improve. 

No, I hadn't heard of the led light stuff, but sounds really interesting. You can let me know how you like it.