About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 124971 views.
lindnog

10/26/19

Hi Brenda 

I hope you’re having a good weekend.  I just wanted to let you know that I had an appointment with the hygienist at my dentist on Friday. Yes I’ve still got gum disease but she said that in July there was 25% of inflammation and bleeding in my gums and on Friday she said it had reduced to 5%. She asked me what had I been doing differently and I told her that I had stopped smoking and that I’d also bought a water flosser. I’m so pleased I just wanted to share it with you. 
Linda

Brenda (1sept19)

10/26/19

That's wonderful news Linda.  You'll smell amazing AND have the prettiest smile in town.  blush  Enjoy your weekend also and a big congrats on 2 months coming up.  For sure, show me a pic of your nails when you get them done and enjoy your time off.

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/28/19

Thanks Linda.  Last time he had the throat cancer we both quit for quite some time.  Hope he will quit again.     He is strong (ex commando) but smoking can get any one of us.  Hoping for the best.

Viv        

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/28/19

Yes, I am still here and smoke free and not really hankering after a smoke which is a plus.  Thanks for keeping an eye on us.

Aussie Viv.

Quit 24/8/19

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/28/19

Some people never learn.    He has COPD too.          He is lucky he is strong.

Thanks for caring.

Viv

lindnog

10/28/19

Hi Viv, yes you’re right, smoking can get anyone. I hope he joins you soon on your non smoking journey.  You are doing great, well done. 
Linda

Brenda (1sept19)

10/28/19

I had loads of smoking dreams last night and woke up feeling so disappointed in myself.  I was so happy when I realized it was just dreams.  Now this morning I have had lots of junkie thinking.  I wont smoke, but I sure wonder if the two things are connected or the icky 3's are starting early ?  I told myself that I am so grateful to be smoke free, they were just dreams and get on with it. 

I hope your husband can quit again, but I do know how hard it is to get in the right mindset to quit.  You would think the illnesses would make us stop right away, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  

This proves your brain is Rewiring. Keep up the great job!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Brenda (1sept19)

10/28/19

Thanks Debbie, that was my thinking also.  Going to be starting that 3rd month soon, thought maybe some receptors shutting down or some rewiring going on.  Wish I could fix other parts of me while I slept ! wink

MichaelaOana

10/28/19

Hello, dear friends. I came back from Greece. A lot to work there, I lost my bagage on the aeroport but came to my hotel one day after. Greece is wonderfull.

I had colegues who were smoking but I tryed not to stay next to them in those moments. I came home smoke free, but somehow something affected me as I start to dream a lot and very intense that I was smoking or I have to smoke in the future because is a must. I hate that feeling, I hate cigarettes and what I have to suffer because once I put one in my mouth.

Allways when I woke up I felt blessed I am smoke free.

one month 18 days