About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 131373 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

11/30/19

Hi Lainie,

I have been real lucky with this quit.  It has been so much easier for me than with other quits.  Have tried keeping a positive attitude and getting more exercise.  Also, I have tried taking things just one day at a time and it has helped alot. I came into this quit feeling ready to give it as long as it took to feel normal again.  I think having less expectations and just rolling with it day by day has helped.  So far my quit has been very doable and the 3rd month was not any worse than the 2nd month or so.   I hope you are doing well.  Remember that you are giving up nothing of value, it will only destroy your health and kill you.  Plus you pay a fortune for the privilege.  A positive attitude will make your quit much easier.  I hope this helps and you find some peace.

Belinda2019

11/30/19

Hi Brenda!

Happy 3 Month Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it’s still November where you are, but we’re already on December 1st here......

I hope you’re having a wonderful day, and you do something special for you

Brenda (1sept19)

11/30/19

It all sounds wonderful and such a nice way to treat yourself.  You and Reggie have a great walk and hope you have a lovely weekend also. 

Brenda (1sept19)

11/30/19

Ahhhh, thank you , Sweety.  3 months free feels wonderful and I am ready to take on the 4th month.  I hope you have a lovely weekend also and be sure to do something nice for yourself tomorrow or today, well anyway, Sunday.  You deserve it !! blush

SusanK1960

12/1/19

Hi Brenda,

Congratulations on your 3 month anniversary!  

Brenda (1sept19)

12/1/19

Thank you, Susan.  How are you doing today ?

lindnog

12/1/19

A huge congratulations to you Brenda!! 
3 months smoke free! 
I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. 
You smell great too xxx

Linda 

Brenda (1sept19)

12/1/19

Thank you, Linda.  It sure feels good to be here.  I am having a lovely weekend.  I put up my little Christmas tree, so starting the month off with getting some holiday spirit going.  Have the fireplace going and baking a cake, so it is very cozy and nice.  And of course, Misty is helping, she is such a good dog.  heart_eyes  

lindnog

12/1/19

Hey Brenda that sounds so lovely and cosy, glad to

hear that Misty is helping!!

Onwards to our Fab 4!!

Linda xx

Denim50

12/1/19

Hey Brenda, 

Congratulations on three months smoke free! You’re doing great! It’s wonderful to see you posting so much and helping others. I read about your weekend. I’m glad you’ve had such a great weekend and I hope you have a awesome week ahead too.