About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 54089 views.
In reply toRe: msg 113
ModMarge (slowblumer)

10/16/19

Hi October Ex-Smokers,

Check out Brad's story when he quit smoking.  I remember his story help me keep my eyes on the prize = freedom.

JR (DPartonFan)

10/16/19

I just passed my one year anniversary. Last year at this time I couldn’t even think in terms of weeks or months and definitely not a year!  But the days went by and turned to weeks, then months and finally I have reached a year smoke free. Smoking is just a passing thought now. When I see other people smoking now I feel sorry for them. Smoking truly is a circle of addiction that is only broken when we stop feeding the nicotine monster his “fix”. 

This journey may not be the easiest one you take but it will be the most important one towards a better life. 

I came across this poster online and it really helped me a lot to keep this in mind....,

Brenda (1sept19)

10/16/19

Welcome Dan and congrats on your decision to get rid of this addiction.  Settle in and read everything you can about this addiction, it will help you tremendously. Post often, stay in touch with all your quit buddies, it keeps you in the right frame of mind. Don't let yourself miss something that will destroy you, rejoice that you are getting free.  Wishing you all the best.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/16/19

Congratulations on 1 week of freedom.  Keep going, you can do this !!

Brenda (1sept19)

10/16/19

MarkOU812 said:

Of course it had nothing to say for itself, because it knows I'm right. ;)

That is so very true.  Keep that attitude!  3 days is awesome, keep it up. 

sibby123

10/16/19

That is terrific JR

What a wonderful accomplishment!!!!

sibby

over 9 months free

Ovivi

10/16/19

Congratulations! That’s a wonderful accomplishment.

You inspire people like me who are just in the beginning of the journey. Sometimes it does feel like time is moving soo slowly. But as you said,  I’ll never think of smoking as anything but an addiction trap again.

juliannsc63

10/16/19

Jupiter58,

I'm doing ok. It's been hard. Sometimes I am amazed that I just might be able to do this. More often I feel horrible and want to just smoke again.  I am still chewing gum alot.  At least it's better than the smoke. My chest has been feeling so much better.  I think what is really helping me not to light up is the memory of when my chest hurt all day one day.  It was so scary.

The other day I was really happy and surprised when i woke up NOT thinking about a cig.  Yay.  One day at a time.

MarkOU812

10/16/19

CONGRATULATIONS JR

Thank you for the inspiration.

Msg 4225.123 deleted