About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 20911 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-17

Ovivi said:

I’ll never think of smoking as anything but an addiction trap again.

So true !!  

alexisfree

Oct-17

mars123 said:

Confession: I’ve let my 2 quit smoking apps run on for months at a time, checking out the stats...as an imposter.

Hey Mars, 

Welcome to the team!  I totally did this too!  LOL!!  I can't believe what a great hold this addiction has on us.  It's like the real us wants freedom so bad, but the addict us just does weird stuff!  I'm super glad you're here.  Its a great place to be. :)

MichaelaOana

Oct-17

I did it too. But it made me think good of the amount of money I was spending.

alexisfree

Oct-17

LOL!  That's a good thought!  Yeah, its amazing how much we're saving.  I never thought about it before, but my family is in a better place financially now that I'm smoke free.  All the blessings...

jupiter58

Oct-18

Mark,

Congrats on making it so far! Hope fully the trip in the mountains will get you well
Down the road on your quit!

In reply toRe: msg 128

Anybody having trouble sleeping since you quit smoking?  It is very common to have problems sleeping in the beginning as an ex-smoker.   Check out the sleep music available on U Tube.  It helped keep me together the first awful months.  There is even an 8 hr one that i loved.  I played it every night for 4 months before I no longer need it.

sleep music - Yahoo Video Search Results

Gemma86

Oct-19

Well done.... my quit day is today and you have made me think I can do this! 

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-19

You can, Gemma.  Believe in yourself and you can do anything.  Take it one day at a time.

BlueDahlia29

Oct-19

Hi Gemma, I'm with the October group from last October. Just popping by to see how today's going for you. It's not easy in the beginning but stick with it it will get easier as your days add up.  Wishing you the best.

Blue

Gemma86

Oct-20

Thank you Blue,

So kind of you to message. Yesterday didn’t go so well but I’m feeling stronger today I have to beat this this time! I just found out I’m pregnant which is what made me pick my quit date so quickly and I guess my hormones are making me extra emotional . I’m going to try and read loads today to educate myself about this addiction. I have been a heavy smoker since a very young age that has now been over 20 years. Just saying that makes me cringe about what I have put my body through and now it simply has to stop.

you have done so well I bet you feel amazing a while year smoke free, well done  

gemma