About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 64902 views.
overdoz

10/28/19

Yeah, i here ya. The first time i had quit smoking, anxiety was real bad i remember. I bought a bicycle and was literally biking around all day. I know if you are working that its probably not realistic, but i go to the gym now and it helps. 

Finally the foggy thinking is lifting, i know now looking back that you have to keep busy, and keep moving cause were not getting the constant dopamine hit from cigs, depression is real common.

Its my 4th time quitting, have the longest quit which was 2 years, and two others for about 5 months, and probably many more for about a few weeks, being busy is key.

MarkOU812

10/28/19

Yes be good to get back to work. Just hope I don't go off on a client. Been thinking about getting a gym membership again. Getting a ct scan on my lungs Wednesday. We'll see how that goes. I'm a bit closterfobic at times. 

Keep the faith

As a nurse I can tell you that when getting CT scans MRI scans PET scans just keep your eyes shut if you are claustrophobic. Even ask for a towel to cover your eyes. And, yes by all means get a gym membership and give those lungs and heart and muscles a great workout! Quitting helped me get into the best shape of my life and you'll feel great. Stay empowered and proud to be a quitter! relaxed

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

MarkOU812

10/28/19

Thanks Debbie

I had one on my neck years ago. the tube was so small and to many blankets it pushed on my sides and I went off. 

Been meaning to tell you I love the "I quit poisoning Myself" such a powerful statement. 

Denim50

10/28/19

Hey Mark, 

Great to hear from you again. Glad you had a wonderful day at the spa. You deserve it. Thank you so much for your kind message. Good luck with the CT scan Wednesday. Hope you receive a good report. Try to close your eyes and think of/picture somewhere relaxing, at least that’s what I tried to do. I wish you the best with it. Hope you have a great day. Thanks again.  

In reply toRe: msg 189
MarkOU812

10/28/19

1st time driving around town with the windows down since I quit.

OMG I had no idea how bad the exhaust fumes are. WOW!!

overdoz

10/28/19

funny you should say that, i dropped my car off at mechanic today and walked home, and could smell the exhaust from cars, etc. 

Are you from Los Angeles

MarkOU812

10/28/19

Palm springs

Was pretty smoggy for here today. 

MarkOU812

10/28/19

I think my sniffer is just getting that much better

Msg 4225.194 deleted