About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 64881 views.
MarkOU812

10/28/19

Thanks Debbie

I had one on my neck years ago. the tube was so small and to many blankets it pushed on my sides and I went off. 

Been meaning to tell you I love the "I quit poisoning Myself" such a powerful statement. 

Denim50

10/28/19

Hey Mark, 

Great to hear from you again. Glad you had a wonderful day at the spa. You deserve it. Thank you so much for your kind message. Good luck with the CT scan Wednesday. Hope you receive a good report. Try to close your eyes and think of/picture somewhere relaxing, at least that’s what I tried to do. I wish you the best with it. Hope you have a great day. Thanks again.  

In reply toRe: msg 189
MarkOU812

10/28/19

1st time driving around town with the windows down since I quit.

OMG I had no idea how bad the exhaust fumes are. WOW!!

overdoz

10/28/19

funny you should say that, i dropped my car off at mechanic today and walked home, and could smell the exhaust from cars, etc. 

Are you from Los Angeles

MarkOU812

10/28/19

Palm springs

Was pretty smoggy for here today. 

MarkOU812

10/28/19

I think my sniffer is just getting that much better

Msg 4225.194 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 193
slowblumer

10/30/19

Good Morning, October Ex-Smokers

I want to give you all a heads up that tomorrow is the last day of the month and your October group will move from the 'Introduction/Newcomers' folder to the 'Quit Buddies Unite' folder as you continue to support each other on your journey to permanent freedom.  You will still be able to post one another as usual but your home will move.  That's the only difference.  

If you look to the left hand column under 'DISCUSSIONS' there are several headings (folders) as you go down the list.   The Quit Buddies Unite folder is about the 5th one down, right after General Chit-Chat.  

Have a great smoke free day. 

In reply toRe: msg 195
slowblumer

10/31/19

Hi All,

Your thread is now under Quit Buddies Unite. 

Welcome to your new permanent home.

Shararoe

10/31/19

Hi modmarge

Wow I am no more the new kid on the block I've made it 2 the ex October group. Permanent home i thank the Lord for each day that I am nicotine free.