About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 64884 views.
June2019

Oct-13

is today the big day??? WooHoo!!! ya did it, you winner, you!

Happy 1 Year Smoke Free and here's to many, many more :)

SusanK1960

Oct-13

Hello friend!  You are such a sweetie to come join me in a happy dance on my first anniversary!  Your support and reassurance was instrumental in restoring my faith and your wicked sense of humor was recognized and appreciated!  How is the second year going?

48yrsmokin

Oct-14

Way to go Susan. It's a wonderful feeling to see you in a happy place after a year of turmoil.  You have been such a big help to myself  in this struggle. I don't know how to put the happy dance on the screen' but I'm doing it for you!!!! WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO FOR YOU.   

June2019

Oct-15

Second year way easier than the first (so far i should say not to curse it!). Still occasional thoughts, but way fewer and easier to push away.

So happy for you and all your fellow Oct 2019 quitters! Very good group!

**the passing of eddie van halen last week really hit home. he may have had other demons, but smoking is what did the talented cutie in  :(

June2019

SusanK1960

Oct-18

Hi Ed,  you made it!  Now we can do the happy dance together!  Good job you!!

• Edited October 18, 2020 12:26 am  by  SusanK1960
Eve1973

Oct-18

Hey Ed, 

Congratulations on your 1st year of sombriety! You did it!

48yrsmokin

Oct-19

Thank you Susan Great feeling to know that I've accomplished something like this Never in a million years would I have thought that I would make this adventure come true. Many thanks to YOU and all your support you've given to so many on this site.  It has helped out so much.   WOW A YEAR already.  I'm planning on being a NOPER for LIFE..          THANKS  ED G. nopeing and not smoking since 10-17-2019

Eve1973

Nov-17

Hi Susan, Do we post happy 1year and 1 month? I know I’m 4 days late........sorry. 

But no matter what you have gotten through the 1year mark and more! So kudos to you for your strong will, persistence, and of course your support! Good job!

SusanK1960

Nov-17

Thank you for the 13 month salutations!  It is nice to get thru the first year, however, the fall smells are pulling on my old smoking self.  The difference is I now have enough practice in to now remind myself to enjoy those smells, not wallow in them!  I enjoy the benefits of not being a slave to nicotine!