About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 27421 views.
In reply toRe: msg 187
Majomar

Jan-20

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to this forum, just to say hi and "register" as a fresh quitter, I quit on December 28th - I choose that date wanting to enter 2020 with no nicotine in my system.

For now, I just want to send good wishes to you all for a healthy, smoke-free life.

Maja innocent

SusanK1960

Jan-20

Welcome Maja!

It is wonderful you are on this journey and you have found this forum. Keep up the great job!  You should start feeling you have found your rhythm and know what tools to bring out to get you thru some tough times. By the way, your English is very good!

Susan - not smoking since 10/13/19

cherbearquit

Jan-21

Welcome Maja! This is a great forum with a lot of helpful articles and posts to read.  Anytime I am having a difficult time, I read as much as I can till that feeling leaves.  Good luck to you and stay strong!  We can all do this!  

Quit 12/6/19

SusanK1960

Jan-22

Hey Matt,

It has been 6 weeks of recovery and not smoking.  That is so awesome and I am in awe of your resilience!  

Matt1961

Jan-22

You are right, Susan.  This is day 42 for me.  Thank you for noticing.  You are actually more observant than I am to reduce it down to weeks.

I just finished my last cardio rehab class, so now I guess life is to get back to normal, but as a non-smoking, exercising, health-conscious eater.

cherbearquit

Jan-25

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Don’t know why, but this week has been a tough one for me. I think this 2nd month has been more difficult than last month! I am very moody, having difficulty sleeping and experiencing constipation. I will be glad when this passes. Not looking forward to the icky 3’s next month. Ugh!

In reply toRe: msg 193
cherbearquit

Jan-26

Well folks, we are starting the last week of this month! I hope everyone is doing well! I’ve had some bad days this past week but stayed strong as I am more determined than ever that I will do this! Everyone has been quiet lately. Are you all still here? Lol!

quit date 12/6/19

SusanK1960

Jan-26

Hey Arielle,

Haven’t heard from you for a bit.  Wanted to let you know it is 1/27/2020 in Sweden now, which means you got your first star!!

Good job!

SusanK1960

Jan-26

Hello Cherbear,

Per my journal entries, junkie thinking was stronger than it had been for the last month.  For distraction and inspiration, I found three inspirational “quotes and put them in my car, on my bathroom mirror and on the table next to my evening chair to foster the conviction.  For example: Recovery is hard, regret is harder.  They stayed up for a bit over a month. I had them on colored paper, so I would switch the colors to different places so my brain would not just blanks them out.

During the 7-8 week, I wrote down the changes I noticed since Quitting, even the obvious, such as: I now understand smoking is an addiction, not a habit.

I still swear by the drinking Iced water thru straw as my best craving buster.

cherbearquit

Jan-26

Thank you for the advice! I am going to use your idea of placing the inspirational quotes in various places! I haven’t been using a straw but I do drink lots of ice cold water, which seems to help. I also keep plenty of mints and red hot cinnamon candy nearby.  Lol! I haven’t really been getting much exercise since it is winter but I think that might help as well. I might have to become a “mall walker”. I admit I sometimes start to lose patience with how I feel, but then I start reading on this forum and I feel better.  Many thanks to everyone, because the info. Shared in this forum helps others more than you may realize! Have a great night!