About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 35309 views.
Eve1973

Apr-29

Awesome on 4 months....congratulations! Hope you feel better soon! ??
Arielle2019

Apr-29

Thanks Eve pray  Getting a bit better every day relaxed Hope you are wellsunflower

Majomar

Apr-30

Thank you, all. I'm sorry I didn't write earlier, I wasn't feeling OK. I'm still struggling with severe depression. 

Cravings hit hard after three months, still feeling them, but I didn't give up, it's just hard they just won't stop... I'm so close to thinking it's impossible and it will never go away... 

For two months I was on my own with my father, taking care of everything, and my situation is not... easy. Huge responsibility, lack of job, future... At the same time the grieving process after my mother's death came into a difficult stage, the feeling of her missing just opened like an abyss... and I thought I'll be lost in it and won't survive. 

For the last three days, after many months of stress and exhaustion, I just cracked and I fell in bed. My brother managed to come for a few days and I just... can't get up, barely find motivation to live. Just extremely exhausted... I spoke to him just now after not being able to do so for some time and now I managed to write here, too. Maybe it's a good sign... Maybe I'll find a way out...

I'm glad you are all doing well, although it hasn't been easy for anyone, so my wishes are for you all to stay healthy and smoke free.

<3

SusanK1960

May-6

Hi Cherbear,

Congratulations!  I haven’t heard from you in a little while, so I hope that means that you have gotten at ease and are feeling at peace in your journey.  Take care.  

DebraAnne60

May-6

Well you were right, I am certainly feeling allot better now - into month 5.  Month 4 was a bit difficult I think because I just wanted to get past it.  No I am feeling quite good.  No angst or anxiety really.  I hope this is a sign of the times from now on going forward.  How was month 5 for you?      

cherbearquit

May-6

Thank you Susan. Sorry I haven’t been online much lately. We have been having internet issues off and on. Still on lockdown here, but I am hanging in there. I have been feeling so much better and am so happy to reach 5 months! I feel so much stronger in this quit, because I feel that if I can survive all of this stress, I will be successful. I am determined that this is my forever quit! Take care and stay healthy!

cherbearquit

May-6

Congrats on 4 months Debra! This internet is driving me crazy lately. I keep getting spotty service. Each month gets a little easier for me. I haven’t really had any real cravings this past month. More like a feeling like I am missing something here and there. But, nothing I couldn’t handle. I make it a habit to remember HALT whenever I feel like I am missing something (am I hungry, angry, lonely/bored or tired). It is usually one of those issues, which I then take care of. I still keep my sugar free mints handy, drink lots of water and try to go on daily walks if the weather cooperates. Hang in there and stay strong! You are doing great!

Matt1961

May-6

CONGRATULATIONS Cherbear.  5 months - can you believe it?  I am still right on your heels.  We really are doing this.  I have to pinch myself sometimes.  Deciding to quit was the best decision I have made in a long, long time.

According to my app, your risk of heart attack at 15 years quit is the same as someone who has never smoked.  You only have 14 years and 7 months to go!!  I will be with you when we cross that line too, staying right behind you.

cherbearquit

May-6

Thanks Matt! So good to hear from you! Yes, we are doing this! I totally agree with you and am grateful every day that I quit. I am so glad to be done with that nasty habit and feel so much better! Stay strong and healthy!

DebraAnne60

May-6

Way to go Matt - Keep on keepin on.

Congratulations gifs - Download on Funimada.com