About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41874 views.
cherbearquit

Sep-20

Hi Matt! Just checking in to see how you have been. I haven’t been on the site for awhile, but I am still chugging along in the quit. I’ve had some ups and downs emotionally lately, which brings back those “junkie thoughts” at times, but I just shake my head and get busy doing something. It amazes me that I still have those days at times. I stay strong, because I remind myself of how difficult those days were during the first few months. I never want to go through that again! Lol! I hope you are doing well! 
Cherie - Quit 12/6/19

Matt1961

Sep-20

Thank you for checking in with me, Cherbear.  I think I am exactly where you are.  I have been staying strong, but those same thoughts enter me head every now and then.  Since quitting was one of the more difficult things I have done in my life, it is not an experience I am ever going to repeat, so I quickly put those thoughts aside and move on with my day.

W spent the month of August in Alaska as planned, and I had an interesting experience.  It was chilly one morning, so I went to light a fire.  No lighter or matches or anything else to light the fire with.  It made me chuckle because that is something that has never happened before.  

Keep staying strong.  Life really is better as a nonsmoker.

cherbearquit

Sep-20

“Since quitting was one of the more difficult things I have done in my life, it is not an experience I am ever going to repeat, so I quickly put those thoughts aside and move on with my day.”

Matt, I totally agree with this! Unfortunately it looks like we are the only two left out of our small December group. I am glad you were able to go on your trip during these crazy times. I haven’t gone anywhere this year but I am ok with that. I am just happy that I have been able to spend time with the grandkids. I am going camping with them next month, so that will be a nice break. You take care Matt! It was good hearing from you, 

SusanK1960

Sep-20

I got a chuckle from the no fire starter story, as well.  I am happy to hear you were able to have your Alaska trip despite the COVID damper earlier in the year.  It was wonderful that Cherbear did a little poke to both of us!  It is wonderful you are still in the cessation spirit! I agree it feels good!