About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January Bravehearts 2019   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/31/19 by ModAndrea; 598150 views.
Denim50

11/2/19

Congratulations on ten months smoke free! I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend.  

All January quitters BE PROUD OF YOURSELVES!!!! 10 hard earned months behind you!!! This year at New Year's you all can toast to your 1 Year Keys and entry into the COVETED 1 YEAR CLUBHOUSE!!! 

I commend all of you on a job well done! Watch out for that Just One Thought though as it can come out of nowhere. Nice job and I can say that you All Are Definitely No Sissies!!!!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

sibby123

11/2/19

Thank you for remembering!!

the healing continues...

AsadAKhan

11/4/19

Hi Robin,

Congratulation on 10 months smoke free. I hope you are feeling good now.

Regards

Asad

Robin212

11/4/19

Thank you Asad! Hope you are doing well as well!! What month are you in now? At times it feel it's  easy and then there are days like TODAY when I am so irritable and I think ugh... a cigarette used to get rid of this ..and then I think well...do I really want to start all over? No!!!!!!!rage

AsadAKhan

11/4/19

Hi Robin,

I am doing great at around 7.5 months. Oddly I don't think I am getting any irritation because of quit. Although at sometimes I am not feeling good which I am not sure why. May be it is the same irritability which you are talking about but I cannot link it to cigarettes or my brain has lost that pointer.

I am getting very few thoughts of smoking which is really amazing and I am feeling much better now. 

Regards,

Asad

jean111

11/10/19

Hi Julie!  Glad I checked in and saw your general post on November 7.  Congratulations on making it to the club house!!!  I am SO happy for you!  You made it through some tough stuff . Yes, I remember when your hub lost his job...and all the other stuff the Bravehearts went through. Your cholesterol drop blew me always.  I always thought my cholesterol would drop after quitting, but I figured maybe 10%.   49 points?!  That is amazing.  I just can't express how happy I am for you.  Cheers!

spartanfan

11/11/19

Thanks, Jean!  It blew me away too!  So much so that I kept putting off going in for the bloodwork because I was convinced it would be horrible news given the weight gain...but just goes to show how smoking truly is one of the worst things we can do to our bodies.  Dentist tomorrow for a cleaning, hoping I get a good report there too!

you’ll be in the clubhouse soon...this time of year time just flies by.  So thrilled for all of us, what a huge gift we’ve given to ourselves!!

• Edited November 11, 2019 8:52 pm  by  spartanfan
Robin212

11/28/19

Hi everyone! Celebrating Thanksgiving today and so grateful for all the support from the forum.

It will be 11 months soon.

Struggling  a little bit today as this is the first holiday of the season without smoking. Thank goodness nobody smokes here where I am!

jean111

12/1/19

I'm struggling with that too, Robin.