About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January Bravehearts 2019   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/31/19 by ModAndrea; 329073 views.
jean111

Nov-10

Hi Julie!  Glad I checked in and saw your general post on November 7.  Congratulations on making it to the club house!!!  I am SO happy for you!  You made it through some tough stuff . Yes, I remember when your hub lost his job...and all the other stuff the Bravehearts went through. Your cholesterol drop blew me always.  I always thought my cholesterol would drop after quitting, but I figured maybe 10%.   49 points?!  That is amazing.  I just can't express how happy I am for you.  Cheers!

spartanfan

Nov-11

Thanks, Jean!  It blew me away too!  So much so that I kept putting off going in for the bloodwork because I was convinced it would be horrible news given the weight gain...but just goes to show how smoking truly is one of the worst things we can do to our bodies.  Dentist tomorrow for a cleaning, hoping I get a good report there too!

you’ll be in the clubhouse soon...this time of year time just flies by.  So thrilled for all of us, what a huge gift we’ve given to ourselves!!

• Edited November 11, 2019 8:52 pm  by  spartanfan
Robin212

Nov-28

Hi everyone! Celebrating Thanksgiving today and so grateful for all the support from the forum.

It will be 11 months soon.

Struggling  a little bit today as this is the first holiday of the season without smoking. Thank goodness nobody smokes here where I am!

jean111

Dec-1

I'm struggling with that too, Robin.   

sibby123

Dec-3

Hello bravehearts!!

as I celebrate my 11th month of freedom from cigarettes, I am thinking of you all and hoping you are still travelling the path.  I have a wicked case of bronchitis that the doctor said is my 30 year old smoking habit biting me in the butt..booooo

other than that, I am thrilled to be reaching the year milestone 

it has been a rough ride but well worth it and I pledge to never ever smoke again

it would be great to hear from you all

AsadAKhan

Dec-3

Congratulations on 11 months. Your are doing great.

Denim50

Dec-4

Hey Sibby, 

A couple days late but, congratulations on reaching 11 months smoke free! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating and did something special for yourself. I’m sorry to hear about the bronchitis but hope you feel better soon. Sending good thoughts to you. It’s great to see you reaching these milestones. Only a month to your one year milestone. Can’t wait to celebrate your amazing accomplishment with you. That’s awesome! Have a great day. Hugs.  

sibby123

Dec-4

Denim

thank you so

much for the kind words of encouragement.

Brenda (1sept19)

Dec-4

A great big congratulations to you on 11 months of freedom !!!

Image result for you rock images

sibby123

Dec-4

Brenda you are so

kind!!

i know 11 months seems a long way off but if you just take it day by day it gets much easier