About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January Bravehearts 2019   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/31/19 by ModAndrea; 426686 views.
spartanfan

1/24/20

Congrats, Jean and welcome to the clubhouse!!  I really wish there were a real one where we could all hang out in person for a long girls weekend!!  

jean111

1/24/20

Me,, too!  I've thought that many times!!!

jean111

1/30/20

Hi Andrea!  I just wanted you to know I made it to the clubhouse on January 20th.  Phew, I made it past 9 months this time, and I'm free for good.  Never want to go back.  I hope you had a good time with your daughter over the break.  My son is halfway through his freshman year in high school, and he's doing sooooo much better since his medication was changed.  2019 turned out to be a miraculous year in many ways. blush

ModAndrea

1/31/20

Congratulations on one year, Jean! I'm glad you're making yourself at home in the Clubhouse. blush You were one of the most prepared members on the forum, and it has certainly paid off.

I am  glad to hear your son is doing so well.  What a relief it must be. Amanda is back at school for her final semester. It was wonderful having her home. We got a chance to take in exhibits at an art gallery. 

I'm truly happy for you, Jean. Enjoy your freedom.

Love and hugs,

Andrea

Denim50

2/4/20

Hey Sibby, 

I’m a couple of days late posting this, as I haven’t been on the forum recently, but huge congratulations on reaching thirteen months smoke free on the 2nd! Moving on toward year two.. YAY YOU! Wonderful achievement. I wish you the best as you keep moving forward on your smoke free journey. Have a great day. Hugs.  

sibby123

2/4/20

Wow 

you are amazing to remember and acknowledge this.

i am hugely appreciative 

I am just now starting to feel my equilibrium return

sll the best to you 

Denim50

2/4/20

Hey Sibby, 

I’m glad everything is balancing out again for you. That’s wonderful! I’m so happy for you. Can you believe we’re moving toward a second year here? Amazing isn’t it?! Have a great day. 

jean111

2/6/20

Hi Sibby, Wow, I haven't thought yet in terms of year two.  Congrats to you and everyone else who are into their second year.  How amazing.  It really did feel surreal a lot of times last year.  Not so much now.  Glad you're feeling more balanced!  Enjoy. 

jean111

2/6/20

Thanks, Andrea.  I can't thank you and the other moderators enough.  It felt like you surrounded us those first months, and that felt REALLY, REALLY GOOD!  I was scared, and I hung onto you guys like a security blanket.  Quitting wasn't quite as bad as the last time (I'm more mature), but it was still hard.  You guys are amazing, and I'm so grateful you were our moderator.  kissing_heart

ModAndrea

2/6/20

((((Jean)))) You are very welcome. blush This forum is a true life saver. I'd about given up on being able to quit when I came here. Having the support of this community and the information provided made the difference.

It is a pleasure to be with you on this journey. You put real effort in preparing to quit and committed yourself to it.  No matter what, you persevered. This is an enormous accomplishment. I am thrilled for you.